Miller / Labourer, Avonmouth
Salary - £32,000 - £33,000 per annum
Hours -The normal work pattern is based on a shift pattern of 4 x 12 hour day shifts followed by 4 x rest days followed by 4 x 12 hour night shifts followed by 4 x rest days. This 16 day cycle then repeats on an ongoing basis. However, in order to fill the shift cycle at the actual start of this contract, you may start at a different point in the cycle than described above. Your hours of work will normally be 0600 to 1800 when on days and 1800 to 0600 when on nights with two 20 minute paid breaks to be taken during the shift. The Company reserves the right to change the shift pattern and the hours of work after consultation with you.
Working as part of a multi-skilled team you will, together with the Shift Miller, cover all areas of the flour mill and site operations. The main purpose of this role is to ensure the mill can run continuously and smoothly for twenty-four hours over seven days every week. The Second Miller will work on a rotating four on four off shift pattern with twelve hour shifts.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- An interest in mechanical and electrical equipment.
- IT competency.
- Confidence in undertaking any task that may be required in the mill.
- A flexible approach to working hours.
- Carry out flour analysis to enable the mill to produce the correct quality and quantity of flour at minimum cost.
- Work with the Shift Miller to set the mill correctly for maximum efficiency at target specification.
- Keep accurate records relating to quality, safety, legal compliance, corporate compliance and environmental protection
- Be actively involved in all safety and health activities taking place on site and promote the policy.
- Reporting to the Site Manager, (Supervised by the Shift Miller)
- Working at all times to the safety standards required.
- Laboratory testing of product samples and the preparation of certificates.
- Transferring and releasing bulk flour loads from site.
- Carrying out food safety checks.
- Cleaning, hygiene work and IPM requirements.
- Deputising for the Shift Miller whenever he is absent from the mill.
- Ensuring milling downtime is minimised to ensure optimum plant efficiency.
- Provide an accurate stock count and its reporting for of all commodities.
- Operating the silo and weighbridge.
- Supporting other operations’ functions on the site as the need arises.