Part-Time Accounts Clerk
Part Time Accounts Clerk, Permanent
20 hours a week*, Barnstaple,
£12,000 per annum
A world leading producer in their market, employing around 45,000 employees across 32 countries. This role is based at the companies Barnstaple branch in North Devon.
Purpose of the role
Reporting to the Financial Controller; provide professional, reliable and accurate reporting on business performance and the site's general ledger. The Accounts Clerk must be knowledgeable of the key financial management controls that govern the site's activities.
Other responsibilities include administration tasks relating to payroll and providing additional administrative support as required.
20 hours a week to be worked over 5 days a week, 4 hours per day.
- Month-end closing - key responsibilities for:
- Pallet accounting
- Transport accounting
- Ancillary stocks
- Cost management: lead role in daily/weekly cost control for pallets and transport.
- Quarterly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Statistical reporting (internal/external).
- Weekly expenses payment management.
- Quality audits.
- Maintain and manage the Time & Attendance system (TMS) and produce a number of reports.
- Raising of purchase orders
- Completing monthly payroll data input.
- All tasks related to payroll ensuring the day to day payroll administration is run smoothly and efficiently.
Skills and Experience
- Experience working within a Finance setting, preferably in an industrial or manufacturing environment is essential.
- Working knowledge of all Microsoft Office products, including advanced Excel skills.
- Commercially aware with an understanding of the main business functions of a manufacturing organisation.
- Working knowledge of SAP is very desirable.
- Able to use successful problem solving techniques.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Influencing skills with key decision makers.
- Highly reliable, with good timekeeping
- Time management skills
- Flexibility to work around contracted hours as the company requires
- Your own office
- A permanent contract for job security
- Car Park
- Opportunity to work for a large, successful organisation who are top in their marketplace!