Customer Marketing Manager (Events, Digital, Online, Offline, PR, Comms) London
Marketing Manager, Events, West London, £40k + car allowance & benefits.
This is an excellent chance to join a FTSE 100 company and market leading media business. They have an exciting opportunity to join a leading travel event portfolio.
This role is responsible for developing and implementing marketing strategies to meet portfolio and show strategic and commercial objectives.
- Develop an integrated, customer segmented marketing strategy across all channels to include PR; which encompasses key messaging for multiple shows alongside the portfolio’s own value proposition
- Outline customer journey for segment and ensure all communications complement the journey
- Using the portfolio marketing strategy, develop show marketing plans and timelines to enable clear implementation by Marketing Operations team.
- Measure and adapt all marketing related activities against commercial and strategic goals on an ongoing basis
- Ensure attendee satisfaction levels increase across the portfolio
- Overall responsibility for ensuring the execution of the marketing campaign for nominated shows, using the Marketing Operations Team to deliver.
- Support the attainment of commercial objectives and sales targets through integrated sales & marketing campaigns and the development of sales tools alongside sales value proposition & messaging training
- Evaluate and articulate our competitive advantage / differentiation by customer segment and develop competitor strategies accordingly
- Alongside the Senior Exhibition Directors and Exhibition Directors, identify and nurture long term partnerships with key industry players
- Work with Marketing Operations & Central marketing to improve digital marketing
- Focus on improving marketing effectiveness, delivering efficiencies by working across portfolio and embedding best practice
Customer, market & competitive insight & analysis
- Ongoing analysis of campaign results and subsequent changes needed to the plan.
- Be responsible for collecting consumer insight & recommending research gaps to understand customer or market needs to build stronger brand experience and value proposition
- Work with central marketing insight team to evaluate customer research, market conditions, and competitor data to produce effective and engaging marketing strategies. Identify gaps and new market sectors to develop
- Research exhibitor and attendee communities across individual market segments to develop universe size & pipeline
- Identify attendee and exhibitor motivators and develop programs to improve retention and customer experience
- Demonstrate an understanding of the industry in which we operate. Continue to develop market knowledge
- Production of event strategic reports in conjunction with central marketing & content specialists
- Manage marketing budget for nominated events, ensuring that Marketing Operations Team deliver on budget and ensuring all costs re tracked. Ability to look for cost saving if and when required without compromising overall marketing campaign
- Being seen as the marketing expert for segment heads and event management
- Close working relationships with central marketing departments
- Providing coaching and advice where needed
- Attend competitive events (locally and globally)
- Proactively establish and maintain effective working internal and external relationships with all key stakeholders both locally and globally
- Manage all press and media relationships
Ideal candidate profile:
- An insights driven, flexible and enthusiastic Marketing professional
- Commercially focused with an understanding of how marketing activity can positively impact financial performance
- A strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements
- Experience in research and analysis an advantage
- A multi-tasker, with an enthusiasm to work across multiple shows to communicate with one voice to segmented customer types
- A strategic thinker, who evaluates effort vs. reward in relation to commercial goals
- A team player with a proven ability to work in a matrix structure environment, managing multiple stakeholders and priorities simultaneously
- A willingness to travel and work in a global team of professionals building effective relationships with cultural sensitivity
- Creativity and initiative in a Marketing environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills at all levels
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including presentations and report writing
If this exciting marketing job interests you please send a CV to Ross Brander at Brandgaard Recruitment