An exciting opportunity has arisen with West Suffolk Councils. We are currently looking for an Events Technician to come and join our team. The post will be for an average of 27 hours a week on an annualised hours contract and you will receive a competitive salary of £17,072 rising to £20,661 (pro rata) per annum.
More about the Events Technician role:
We are looking for an Events Technician to ensure a smooth and effective service during events at the Apex and other West Suffolk venues.
Duties will include:
- Setting up & operating professional audio, lighting & visuals equipment.
- Undertaking seating turnarounds in the Auditorium.
- Loading in & setting up toured equipment.
- Setting up events in other areas of the venue.
- You will also be required to operate heavy machinery.
Skills and experience required of our Events Technician
- Technical experience or training in Theatre or similar environment is required.
- You will also have good interpersonal skills and be able work effectively as part of a team.
- You will be able to work under pressure in a busy customer focused environment and have the ability to deal professionally, calmly and confidently with a variety of people.
- You must be able to demonstrate a good general understanding of Health, Safety and Welfare policies and procedures.
So if you would like to join our team as our new Events Technician then please click 'apply’ today - don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity!
Closing date: Monday 10th July 2017
We are committed to equal opportunities in employment and to safeguarding the welfare of vulnerable people. We expect all staff and volunteers to share these commitments.