Job Title: Fashion Retail Store Manager – Temporary/Contract
Job Type: Temporary/Contract (5 months)
Salary: Up to £30,000 per annum + bonus
Hours - 37.5 hours
Our Client, a leading Fashion Retailer on the high street are currently looking for an experienced Fashion Retail Store Manager to undertake a temporary contract for them, working in their centrally located Canterbury Store. This Fashion Retail Store Manager role will involve managing and motivating a team, responsibility for the achievement of Sales and Targets as well as ensuring a fantastic customer experience. As someone with proven, solid work experience as a Fashion Retail Store Manager you will have a strong understanding of delivering one to one customer service and selling a specialised and quality product, combined with experience of working a fast paced Retail environment. As the post is temporary, we ideally need a Retail Store Manager who is either available immediately or with a short notice period. Please note, our client is willing to pay a retention bonus for anyone who completes the contract.
The ideal candidate for this role should possess the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Proven, solid work experience of as a Retail Store Manager, preferably from the Fashion industry although other sectors will be considered
- A confident and natural retail leader who is able to manage, coach and motivate staff to deliver a fantastic customer experience as well as overall sales
- A confident, dynamic and enthusiastic demeanour and a flexible and adaptable style
- A sales and solutions focused individual who thrives on achieving targets and enjoys working in a Retail Store Management role within a service led environment
- Articulate, well presented and able to demonstrate a strong track record of retail achievements
THE ROLE – KEY RESPONSIBILTIES
- Leading your staff within the Retail Store to deliver on KPI’s, targets and customer service
- Motivating and managing a Retail Store with approximately 10-12 employees
- Drawing up rotas and planning out the best use of resources for the Retail Store
- Ensure all Employees are trained adequately to carry out till functions and cash handling procedures
- Coaching your team on the shop floor, delivering constructive feedback and reviewing staff performance regularly
- Create innovative solutions that drive positive results in KPIs including sales and service.
- In store merchandising, creating window and in store displays that follow company guideline but are targeted towards your local customer
- Making commercial decisions on stock packages and displays through the use of company reports to drive store sales
Our client is a high street clothing retailer. They have had significant growth over the last few years and are planning further growth in the coming years. The quality of their product and service is exceptional, their customers are their most important asset and they will do everything they can to make them happy. Their passion for service is at the heart of everything they do!
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Margate, Ashford, Kent, Whitstable, Ramsgate, Faversham, Folkestone, Maidstone
This role is being handled by McCarthy Recruitment, award winning specialist retail & HR recruitment consultancy covering the whole of the UK. McCarthy is like no other recruitment agency you will have worked with, our difference is our commitment to providing a professional and personalised recruitment service of the highest quality.
We provide our candidates with a consultative, honest, high quality and efficient service which develops long term relationships ensuring we become the preferred consultancy for all our clients and candidates. We pride ourselves on understanding people – we are real, we get to the real you and we will get you real results. But then, put simply - It’s the way we work.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
McCarthy Recruitment is retained and exclusive on this assignment.
Apply for this role now or find us online at: