Our client is a long established manufacturing company based in Bodelwyddan. Innovative and dynamic, they are constantly pursuing new ways to improve the services and products they offer. An opportunity has arisen for a Maintenance Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis.
As a result of growing business demands you must be an enthusiastic, flexible person, who enjoys a challenge, with a "can do" attitude, as well as having the necessary technical ability.
Responsibilities on a daily basis:
- Electrical/electronic fault finding on a range of equipment including;
PLC’s and microprocessor controlled equipment, servo/AC drives and motors, temperature control and monitoring, a wide variety of process transducers and feedback devices including temperature, pressure, flow, load cells, encoders and resolvers
- Electrical industrial installation, ideally to 17th edition I.E.E regulations
- Mechanical fault finding and repair, including;
Gearboxes and transmission systems, conveyors, steam systems, complex pneumatics, pumps, chilled water systems,
- Able to machine turned and milled parts as required.
- MIG, TIG, Arc welding, fabricate and modify items and repair damaged structures
- Reading complex electrical and mechanical drawings
- Machinery and process installation, relocation and commissioning
- Maintaining maintenance systems and procedures, including preventative and predictive maintenance, risk assessments, control of contractors and permits to work
- Carry out maintenance and safety checks to ensure the plant runs to optimum efficiency
- Maintain and advise on critical spares
- Be involved and lead continuous improvement and lean projects
To be considered for the role of Maintenance Engineer, you must have:
- Time served in either an electrical or mechanical discipline to a minimum of BTech, ONC or similar.
- Have a Full UK driving licence and own transport (Due to the location of the client).
- Minimum of 3 years maintenance experience.
- Experience of working within manufacturing.
- Experience working under pressure and to tight deadlines.
A Fork Lift Truck (FLT) and MEWP licences would be beneficial. Also a working knowledge of packaging machinery, multi-head weighers, conveyor systems, ovens and steam processing would be advantageous
What the client offers:
- Permanent, full time contract.
- Competitive salary of £32,000 - £36,000.
- On-going support and training.
Mon - Fri (Shift rota)
06:00 - 14:00
14.00 - 22.00
22.00 - 06.00
You must be fully flexible to work on a shift rota basis. You will also be required to be on call over the weekend if any emergencies arise.
Additional Keywords: Maintenance Engineer, Manufacturing, Engineer, Factory, Welding, 17th Edition, Electrical Engineer
To apply for the role of Maintenance Engineer, please apply via the button or link shown. If your skills and experience meet with this requirement, we will contact you to discuss the position in further detail.