Business Analyst - Accounting/Finance/Software
Business Analyst - Audit / Accountants
My client seeks a Business Analyst with strong accounting / audit experience to join their 7-year-old rapidly growing cloud based software company, specialising in tools for accountants and auditors with clients in Australia, UK and the USA. This is an exciting opportunity to join a progressive and modern company with an amazing culture, a great bunch of people and a supportive environment.
The Business Analyst (BA) will be responsible for gathering and understanding the functional and business needs of our customers existing and future products.
The BA will be further responsible for ensuring that the customer requirements are accurately translated into clear, understandable requirement specifications for use by the development team, along with designing and carrying out quality assurance test plans.
The BA will be working across a range of projects, complex and simple, requiring ideally a detailed understanding of accounting principles and commonly used accounting and bookkeeping solutions.
Detailed Duties and Responsibilities:
* Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, customer visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
* Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
* Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal stakeholders to analyse information needs and functional requirements and deliver the following as needed: User Stories, Use Cases, GUI, Wireframe designs
* Work both independently with users to define concepts and under the direction of Product Managers
* Drive and challenge others in the team on their assumptions of how to best solve user problems
* Serves as the communication channel between the customers and the software development team and internal stakeholders.
* Develop requirements specifications per standard templates, using natural language.
* Collaborate with developers, product managers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyse trade-offs between usability and performance needs.
* Be the liaison between the business units, technology teams and support teams.
* Recommend design improvements or corrections to engineers throughout the development process.
* Define and create QA test plans for new or updated software projects to determine if the software will perform accurately and reliably per the documented requirements.
* Execute test plans and create test reports to describe program evaluation, testing, and correction.
* Provide technical product support and training to sales and support teams for new features, and on a haphazard required basis.
* 3+ years of experience in a business analyst, product manager or product owner role
* Strong analytical skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into functional requirements
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* The ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts
* Experience in user acceptance testing
* Sound understanding of accounting principles
* Proficient in Agile methodologies
* Technical degree - in accounting
* Experience in cloud software solutions
* Experience with JIRA, Confluence or other software development tools
* Experience, ideally developing an accounting software solution (accounts production, bookkeeping, tax etc)
We anticipate interviews to start as early as next week so please apply ASAP to or call for a chat.