Bookkeeper/Payroller - Established Accountancy Firm
AJ Chambers are currently working with a leading firm of Chartered Accountants in Bury St Edmunds who are looking for a Bookkeeper/Payroller to work with their varied portfolio of clients.
The ideal candidate will be driven, with a keen eye for detail, and should have at least 18 months Practice experience. This role has chance for a potential progression path during your career.
Tasks will include:
- Bookkeeping services for limited companies, sole traders, partnerships and LLPs up to trial balance.
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly reporting and management accounts.
- Preparation & submission of VAT returns.
- Run monthly and weekly payroll, RTI and pension uploads. P11Ds and PAYE/NI reconciliation with HMRC Gateway (incl. Earlier Year Updates).
- Liaise with and provide general technical advice/support to clients.
- Participate in business transformation by demonstrating a keen interest to change and embrace new processes and technologies as they come out.
Experience and skill set:
- Have previous experience within a General Practice - a plus but not a necessity.
- Proven experience of working with accounting software such as Xero and Sage.
- Proven experience of running payroll software such as Sage Payroll or Moneysoft.
- Needs a good working knowledge of MS Office, particularly Excel.
- Experience working in a smaller close-knit team and environment.
- Ability to manage work delivery within fixed and tight timescales.
- Ability to communicate well at all levels with colleagues and clients.
- Conscientious and good attention to detail.
- As a point of contact to our clients, the successful candidate will need to have excellent written and spoken English.
For more information on this role please either apply directly or contact Josie Studd at AJ Chambers.