Interim Financial Controller
Interim Financial Controller - St Austell area - £40-50,000 FTE
Trial Balance Consulting have been assigned by a recognised charitable leisure services provider who seek to recruit an interim Financial Controller for a period of 3-5 months (flexible). The role comes about as a result of several interesting new projects, which will be headed up by the existing permanent incumbent. The contract represents an exciting opportunity for an experienced accountant to join an extremely interesting organisation with an unmistakable brand!
This is an urgent assignment where the successful candidate should be in a position to interview for the post, and commence, at short notice. Adding superb commercial value from day-dot, the key responsibilities of the role include:
- Take key responsibility for managing and monitoring robust financial policies, procedures and controls whilst working within full regulatory guidelines. This will include systems compliance and the monthly compliance of control accounts.
- Oversea the control a high volume of cash, assets and liabilities to ensure maximum financial return.
- Report strategic financial controls using forecasting and benchmarking techniques.
- Oversea a sizeable weekly and monthly payroll ensuring full systems integration.
- Manage a sizeable accounting team offering astute technical and commercial guidance.
- Work closely with the Finance Director and senior management team to report on all aspects of the financial lifecycle.
The successful candidate will be an accomplished individual possessing the following skills and experience:
- A professionally qualified individual - ACA/ACCA/CIMA, probably possessing in excess of 5 years PQE.
- A senior manager, ideally having operated at a similar level for the past 5 years.
- Excellent technical and commercial accounting experience with a strong knowledge of UK accounting and tax compliance standards and techniques.
- An excellent leader of people, ideally (though not essentially) a large team, with excellent communication skills and the ability to work with a senior management team operating both in and out of finance.
This is an extremely exciting, senior level accounting opportunity and a rare chance to join one of the county's leading employers. With a sizeable management team, an extended (possibly permanent) opportunity would not be out of the question. For further details or to apply, please contact David Becker as soon as possible quoting DB3721.