We are looking for an experienced Project Manager for our client who specialise in the design, manufacture and assembly of luxury bespoke buildings such as; houses, extensions, garages and outbuildings.
This is an opportunity for a construction professional with construction project management experience, extensive knowledge of building design, as well as strong experience in managing a team. Reporting to the Managing Director, you will be responsible for the following:
- Running and managing up to a large number of projects at any one time.
- Managing a team of approx. 5 Technical staff members.
- Running and managing weekly production meetings, including all necessary project management reporting on each project.
- Ensuring all teams are on track to deliver each project on time and within budget.
- Checking off materials lists and schedules for each project.
- Tracking project progress from start to completion, including purchasing, manufacture scheduling, site deliveries
- Cost tracking and pricing additional works if required
- Monitoring and advising the workforce on all aspects of the build
- Director/Management meetings
- Site Visits / Client Visits as required
- Acting as the link between the sales, design and project teams and managing the design workflow internally (this includes assigning and scheduling design work from concept to production drawings, drawing sign off, checking drawings for accuracy and managing correct versions are used in the workflow)
- Liaising with architects, structural engineers, planning departments and internal design team to ensure work is submitted to relevant departments/contractors, progressed in a timely manner and details are not missed
- Liaising with clients and the sales team to ensure seamless communication flow about major design changes, requests for structural calculations, price adjustments following design changes etc.
- Developing and implementing design guidelines and promoting best practice
- Helping in producing estimates and valuations for individual projects, recalculating costs following changes
- Experience in Construction/Building project management
- Relevant construction or project management qualification
- Strong people management skills and experience
- Understanding of architectural drawings and building design
- Basic working knowledge of CAD, good knowledge of Excel and Project management packages
- Excellent interpersonal and client facing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Proactive attitude and exceptional team leadership skills
Our client offers career progression and future opportunities.
Package is negotiable for the right individual and dependent on experience.