Recoveries Assurance Officer
£22,000 - £25,000 PA DOE
Chatham, Kent ME4 4EL
We are a credit card provider who put our customers at the heart of everything we do and we achieve that through the people we employ. We are specialists in the non-standard credit market, lending responsibly to over 2 million customers, whilst providing information and support to help them manage their finances.
Our business has grown so much since we started in 2002 that our parent company, Provident Financial, is now listed in the FTSE 100. We have achieved this by encouraging our employees to put ideas forward, make decisions and constantly improve the service we provide for our customers.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a candidate to join our Recoveries Department as a Recoveries Assurance Officer in order to support the Team with Risk based Oversight of our External Debt Collection Agencies and Debt Purchasers. The role will involve conducting end to end case reviews of the customer journey, ensuring the right outcome was provided in line with the customer’s situation and challenging processes to enhance the customer experience. .
Reviewing activities within Recoveries, visiting Debt Collection Agencies, Debt Purchasers and Insolvency, you’ll monitor adherence to the agreed Policies and Procedures to ensure compliance with current legal and regulatory requirements. The role will also focus on internal assurance of a Tracing function. Once the reviews have been undertaken you will, prepare proposals for key stakeholders proactively identifying improvements and making appropriate recommendations to the Recoveries Management Team on how the processes and customer journey could be improved.
What are we looking for?
- Previous experience working in Financial Services. The role will also suit someone with previous relationship management/consultation experience or who has experience within a training remit for Financial Services or someone from a junior Project / Change Management background that is looking for an interesting and challenging career change
- This role will also suit candidates with experience working within a compliance or regulatory background
- Building and Maintaining Relationships with external parties is essential to ensuring efficient working and obtaining data
- Experience of Collections or debt recovery would be advantageous
- A keen eye for detail is a must to ensure that accurate and informative reports are written
- You’ll have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with confidence to present to Senior Management
- You will have the ability to quickly understand new and often complex processes in order to 'Get to Know the Client’ and the confidence to ask questions and challenging working practices
- You will have the ability to manage conflict and present clear, positive solutions
- You must have strong analytical skills with a logical approach to problem solving including the ability to gather, collate and investigate data, find trends and identify exceptions/errors
- You’ll be self-motivated and able to work from your own initiative
- You’ll have a flexible attitude towards your work along with excellent organisational skills
- The role requires travel around the UK
- 25 days paid holiday + bank holidays
- Pension Scheme
- Annual Bonus Scheme
- Yearly salary reviews
- Share Save plan
- Childcare Vouchers
The department work between the hours of 8am - 5pm (usually 8am - 4pm or 9am - 5pm) however your contract will cover the hours of 8am - 8pm to meet business needs when required.
In order to apply for the role and to find out more about us please visit our website via the link.
We welcome applications from every area of the community, regardless of age, gender, race, nationality, colour, ethnic origin, disability, sexuality, religion or beliefs, and believe that everyone should be treated fairly and consistently. We are TCF (Treating Customers Fairly) ambassadors and believe that everything we do as a company should benefit our customers.
Please note: Should we wish to progress your application we will contact you within four weeks of your application. If you do not hear from us within four weeks, unfortunately, your application has been unsuccessful.
On occasion we identify alternative roles that may be suitable for applicants and therefore we may retain your CV for up to 6 months for this purpose. If you do not wish us to contact you or hold your CV on file for 6 months please contact us.