Senior Claims Handler
Senior Claims Handler Specialist Claims
Salary Circa £28,000
Hours of work 09.00 -17.30
Our client is an independently owned Motorcycle Insurance Broker based over three sites in Northamptonshire.
Established in 1975, they have now grown into the UK's Number One provider of motorcycle insurance, with over 300 people supplying technical expertise and an excellent customer experience for riders across the country.
As well as the best insurance deals in the market, they have the best team of people in the profession also offering scholarships and career development opportunities for all.
Reporting to the Third Party Claims Team Manager, you will pro-actively manage a caseload of Third Party motor and Personal Injury claims to conclusion.
You will establish and review evidence and making decisions on liability and quantum. Advise customers of the claim process and check third party claims progress. Making sure that premiums have been paid and that indemnity is in order.
You will arrange inspections of third party vehicles and gather evidence for the valuing of claims as well as arranging payments on third party claims within prescribed authority limits. You will be able to identify potential fraud or exaggerated claims and refer and doubtful, complex or high-value claims to Team Manager.
Your main responsibilities and duties will include:
- Assist the Team Manager in the efficient management of the team and deputising for them in their absence.
- To provide technical claims advice and assistance to Claims Handlers and Technical Claims Handlers within the Team
- To assist the Technical Claims Manager and Specialist Claims Team Manager in the handling of Large Loss Claims, under supervision.
- To continuously drive improvement in the third-party claims process
- To negotiate settlements with third parties and their representatives
- To continually adhere to specific protocols and best practice
- To work closely with colleagues within the firm to deliver consistently high levels of performance
- To support the Company's values and policies in a professional manner
- To create accurate Claims Management System records
- Identify own training needs and to request appropriate training to meet own performance targets
- To ensure quality, service standards and productivity levels are maintained to a high standard
- To be supportive of change within the claims handling teams
- To develop client contacts and an understanding of the client culture
- To assist with both internal & external auditing
- To actively create a supportive and respectful working environment
- To instruct outside partners such as engineers and investigators
- To instruct own solicitors on litigated cases, maintaining control of the litigation process.
The ideal candidate will process:
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Tact and assertiveness when dealing with customers and third party's
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure
- A professional attitude
- Good administrative and computer keyboard skills
- Respect for confidential information
- Experience of handling significant third party claims, including those with serious injury
- Experience of liability and fraud investigations
- Working knowledge of the litigation process and understanding of the CPR
Intrested? Please send us your CV.