Senior Civils Estimator required in North London
The Client Bracken Recruitment represents is an established Civils Contractor with a fantastic reputation. They have an exceptional opportunity for an Senior Estimator with a Civils background who is seeking work with a business with a real positive environment where they will work along some extremely experienced professionals. The position would suit a good Senior level Estimator looking for their next challenge or an experienced Estimator seeking for progression and more responsibility.
Main purpose of Role: To support the Pre-Construction team in providing a timely and professional estimating service
- Responsible for compiling estimates, working out how much it will cost to provide the client with products or services.
- Assessing materials, labour and equipment required and analysing different quotes from sub-contractors and suppliers.
- Be able to work from a bill of quantities or just a set of drawings from the client.
- Provide prices for everything from a one-off scheme to maintenance projects which will be completed over several years.
- Ability to produce and author Bid deliverables including methodologies.
- An appreciation of data confidentiality and be aware of things like price trends and regulations.
- Deadlines can mean long hours, be methodical, keep good records, understand Client documents, seek and take advice, and challenge yourself and others.
- Working within a team environment, but also be able to use their own initiative.
- Occasionally may need to travel to meet clients on site.
- Ad hoc tasks as required by the department
Required Skills and Experience:
- Good knowledge and experience of Civils Estimating
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- The ability to manage projects and meet tight deadlines.
- Enthusiastic, proactive team player
- Strong problem solving ability and a keen attention to detail
- Organisational and presentation skills are crucial
- Excellent IT Skills