Menswear Assistant Buyer - 12 Month contract
An exciting British brand who prides themselves on timeless style and good quality are looking for an Assistant Buyer to come on board of their friendly team for a 12month Maternity cover contract. They are looking for this person to provide support to the Menswear team to develop a commercial product offering that meets customer requirements to maximise sales and profit opportunities.
As an Assistant Buyer, you will:
- Demonstrate commercial awareness & strategic thinking through identifying best and worst sellers through weekly sales review and presenting in Monday trade meetings
- Identify future opportunities and strategies from past season sales and current trading to assist in building the seasonal department strategy
- Contribute to the product selection with the Buyer and Merchandiser, attending meetings to finalise the product selection. Through analysis review, contribute to the product selection
- Ensure competitors' price points and promotions are monitored and highlighted to the team, through comp shop's and own store visits
- Manage the order, receipt, review and approve CADs, lab dips, knit-downs, handlooms, strike-offs and sample lengths according to critical dates
- Prepare for and attend pack handover meetings with the suppliers, supporting the briefing of new development samples
- Obtaining all cost prices ensuring that the departmental target margin is achieved
- Attend fit sessions working with the Technologist, Designer & Buyer to suggest improvements to product fit and finish.
- Manage own admin duties in a timely manner
The skills needed for this role are:
- Essential to have experience as a Senior BAA looking for their next step up or an existing AB looking for a new challenge
- Menswear category experience is ideal, however not essential
- Knowledge and understanding of the buying and product cycles. Understanding of the manufacturing processes with experience working with overseas suppliers
- Ability to multi-task understanding order and implications on others as well as timelines within the critical path process
This is an exciting retailer with beautiful offices in London. They operate a friendly working environment amongst a fun team! This is a great opportunity to work within a brand that has a strong presence within the market.
If you feel you have the skills and experience, please reply with an up to date CV today!
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.