2nd line Support & Field Engineer
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to work in our highly regarded and forward thinking IT services organisation. We require the Field Engineer to ensure maximum day to day support of our client’s systems. Our experienced team provide an excellent environment for a technical engineer who relishes working across a range of technologies.
Working alongside other members of the team and being escalation to the junior staff you will have an opportunity to work with modern technologies in a diverse environment where requirements can change on a day to day basis.
- Escalation point for junior members of staff.
- Helping with any Troubleshooting and configuration issues.
- Assisting in rolling out new and ongoing projects.
- On-site hardware and software maintenance and health checks.
- Responding to major client incidents
- Emergency break fix visit to clients including server and networking issues.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot both hardware and software issues.
- Providing advice on emerging technologies to clients.
The successful candidate will have the following qualities:
- Excellent client interaction with confident spoken and written English.
- Logical approach to troubleshooting.
- Able to prioritise tasks.
- Excellent time management (awareness of time constraints and deadlines).
- Ability to research and learn new technologies/solutions under pressure.
- Strong team player, willing to share knowledge.
You should have a minimum of two years’ experience in a 2nd line role ideally within an IT services company however this is not a prerequisite. Exposure to the below technologies but not limited too.
- Windows Server - 2008, 2012(R2), 2016
- Microsoft Exchange - 2010-2013 & 2016 Beneficial
- Microsoft Office 365 - Configuration, Migration, Monitoring
- Windows Desktop - 7,8 & 10
- Active Directory - DNS, DHCP, Group Policy
- Backup - Configure, Maintain, troubleshoot
- Networking - switches, subnets, lan, wan, DNS