Finance Manager required for our client a multi academy Trust, specialising in the running of schools offering provision for learners.
The role of Finance Manager is a new position within the organisation and will be one of five management positions reporting to the Chief operating officer.
The preferred candidate will have worked within a similar field, schools or councils.
The successful candidate will be required to have an enhanced DBS check.
- To participate within the Senior Leadership Team in forward planning and the effective daily organisation, including business planning, policy setting, financial forecasting and strategic decision making.
- Effective management and control of all revenue and capital budgets and effective management of the accounting systems and reporting tools.
- To lead on the financial aspects of any strategic projects aimed at achieving growth of the organisation.
- To have an overview of the activities and budgets for each school and services to ensure the procedures laid down in the Trust's financial regulations are supported.
- Monitor and control the quality and cost-effectiveness of services provided by the department to ensure high standards and value for money.
- Maintain up-to-date records of departmental financial information.
- To lead and manage the Finance Team by establishing excellent ongoing working relationships with team via recruitment, training and communication.
- To liaise with the Human Resources Manager to ensure staffing levels are maintained, recruiting effective staff as necessary, in line with relevant policies and procedures.
- To effectively manage the performance of the team by carrying out progress reviews and ensuring objectives and key outputs are cascaded throughout the department
- To liaise with the Human Resources Manager and line managers to establish an on-going training programme in line with company policies, to develop all staff to appropriate standards.
- Communicate effectively with team on a regular basis ensuring information is clear, accurate and timely;
- Encouraging team participation in the way information is relayed to and from the schools and services.
- Ensure that 'Working Time Regulations' are adhered to and that established reporting procedures are monitored.
- To ensure the accurate and timely preparation of management accounts, the effective operation and development of management systems for all accounting functions, particularly those relating to purchase ledger, sales ledger, payroll, cash and banking, nominal ledger and asset control.
- Chartered or part qualified accountant.
- Significant experience at senior financial management level within a driven environment of medium sized organisation.
- Significant experience in direct management and control of a minimum budget of £5m.
- Proven experience in direct management and supervision of a finance team.
- Proven experience of budget preparation, setting and monitoring and financial
- Proven experience of preparing and presenting financial and management accounts, reports and data.
- Experience of liaising with auditors, business advisers and board members.
- Good working knowledge of current accounting software systems.
- Knowledge of management systems for all accounting functions including purchase ledger, sales ledger, payroll, cash and banking, nominal ledger and stock.
- Knowledge of working with a range of internal and external partners.
- Knowledge of schools or education finance.
- Excellent communication; both oral and written and excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Proven report writing skills.
- Excellent IT skills (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Proven ability to liaise with statutory agencies.
If you feel you have the necessary experience listed above and are looking to take the next step in your finance career, please apply today.
please contact Jamie Folley on or send your CV through to
Huntress does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.