Role: Principal Consultant
Salary: £90k DOE + £bonus
Our client has extensive experience in the growth of the GB Utilities markets, and have utilised their knowledge and skills to become the leading consultancy in the utilities industry. Their strengths lie in a unique blend of 'hands on' operational experience, strategic thinking, analytical expertise, project and programme management skills, coupled with an ability to transfer their knowledge to resolve your problems. They are seeking outstanding individuals who come from a utilities background andcan beproactive in maintenance and development of relationships and personal networks to also identify new business development opportunities. If this of interest, we want to hear from you!
- Delivery of excellent consulting and project management services in a professional manner;
- Proactively feeding back new leads and market intelligence into the BD process;
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with clients such that they want to use our services;
- Provision of coaching and support to both senior and more junior consultants;
- Proactive knowledge sharing with other business consultants;
- Proactive support for the Company initiatives and strategies required to deliver the business plan;
- Escalation to management of any business related issues or threats;
- Promotion of the brand whenever appropriate and opportune;
- Application of commercial thought.
Skills and experience:
- A minimum of ten years’ experience in a utility industry;
- Demonstrable relevant experience (using skills and knowledge and demonstrating competencies below) in a variety of relevant differing roles / companies;
- Experience of identifying and cultivating new business development opportunities;
- Extensive experience of managing people or teams and in dealing with people issues;
- Extensive experience of developing and maintaining client relationships;
- Extensive experience of running projects or operational teams in a structured and quality managed environment; and
- Demonstrable experience that is relevant to delivery of company business.
- Expertise in several areas that business provides or aspires to provide services;
- Comprehensive knowledge of the majority of areas that Business provides services;
- Comprehensive knowledge of the regulatory and governance structures of the sectors in which Business provides services and of the scope of the Codes that apply;
- Comprehensive understanding of the industry areas outside the direct areas in which they provide services and of how these areas relate to one another;
- Comprehensive understanding of the principles behind structured project and quality management; and
- Good understanding of the Business strategy, business plan, operating plan and operations.