Castlefield Recruitment are currently working with a public sector organisation in Merseyside to recruit a Senior Buyer. It will be for nine months initially on a Fixed Term basis, however is likely to be extended due to a number of projects that will arise over the upcoming months.
- Lead and manage large scale, complex procurement projects, in conjunction with cross functional teams from all divisions and/or departments across the Group
- Procurement projects undertaken will be those of a value that breaches OJEU threshold, (currently £164,000 plus per annum)
- Make direct buying decisions within specified levels of authority
- Responsible for the Contract Management and supplier performance for various, high value and risk contracts for the group, within the procurement teams remit
- Ensure that great value for money is delivered through relentlessly pursuing value via consistent application of professional Procurement tools, techniques and processes
- Work flexibly and proactively in responding to business needs and provide `fit for purpose` strategic solutions that secure best value goods, services and works contracts
- Operating commercially, define relevant procurement strategies for key high value spend areas across the group in conjunction with the line manager and senior stakeholders
- Consider a variety of sourcing options including; outsourcing opportunities, framework agreements, tendering and other innovative practice to deliver financial, value add and qualitative benefits, always in the context of customer requirements
- Manage and control end to end complex tender processes for high value and risk goods, services and works as determined by the procurement plan. Including; direct OJEU specific, collaborations, framework agreements, tenders and e-auctions. Ensure compliance with internal procurement policy and procedures and any relevant external legislation
- Draft and agree relevant contracts/ agreements with suppliers of goods, services and works within remit, ensuring fit for purpose SLA`s and KPI`s are included. With the support of the line manager, work in conjunction with legal Services or external legal services provider to develop low risk, compliant contracts.
- Take ownership and effectively manage direct supplier portfolio of the procurement team via regular documented SLA reviews. Be innovative in the supplier management process explore different dimensions for continuous improvement which may not be directly related to cost. Engage key stakeholders/ appropriate divisions in this activity
- Experience of leading and managing complex procurement projects with cross functional teams
- Full CIPS membership or equivalent degree/qualification
- IT skills, particularly MS Office and Excel
- Experience in the use of e-procurement tools and financial reporting systems