A growing Education Management company is currently looking to recruit an Assistant Accountant for their professional and enthusiastic team. You will report directly to the Finance Manager and will be part of a team of 8.
* Assisting the Management Accountant to carry out postings and bank reconciliations
* Preparing analysis against budget and looking at margins
* Preparing the month end accounts for allocated markets
* Liaising with merchandising teams to obtain data and issue invoices
* Providing key cost of sales analysis
* Involvement in the preparation of VAT returns
* Ensuring data entry is carried out in an accurate and timely manner
* Supporting the Management Accountant, ensuring month end deadlines are met and reporting is accurate
* Currently studying ACCA/CIMA or AAT (or equivalent)
* At least, 2 years previous accounting/finance experience
* University educated
* Desired - Previous industry experience
You will be working for an established company that can provide study support, good pay, a strong benefits package and realistic internal progression opportunities.