Automotive Parts Director
RELOCATE TO DEVON............
South West Automotive Multi-Franchise Dealer Group require a Parts Director based from Plymouth Head Office
**Relocation Support may be available**
- To be an active member of the Board of Directors in developing the overarching strategy, as well as operationally delivering the quantitative and qualitative objects on a monthly and annual basis.
- To lead the development of parts and accessory sales across a multi-franchised dealership, driving profitable growth both directly and through E-Commerce platforms.
- To achieve a compelling customer proposition and a sustainable level of service for our external retail and trade customers along with internal workshop parts supply.
- To ensure our parts outlets run efficiently, maximizing our earnings potential gaining manufacturer bonuses.
Key Responsibilities & Accountability
- Achieve the annual budgeted parts and accessory sales and profit objectives, through the offering of a wide selection of parts and accessories for retail and trade customers.
- Co-ordinate retail and trade parts programs including management of the pricing and sales out strategy across the group.
- Work with the Vehicle Sales Departments to maximize accessory sales opportunities.
- Ensure robust parts metrics are in place with internal Service workshops to deliver customer satisfaction and profitability.
- Maintain and monitor all manufacturer parts stocking programs to be most beneficial to dealership sales, and its profitability.
- Ensure all Manufacturers standards are met in the Parts Department.
- Work with our Marketing department on the development of our parts offering, including campaigns, promotions and incentives for both existing and prospective customers.
- Consider appropriate "reward and recognition" initiatives to incentivize parts teams to excel in parts sales, accessory sales and customer service.
- Collaborate with other internal business functions to ensure parts requirements are well represented and delivered.
- Develop and implement robust management and succession planning initiatives including the support and implementation of an apprenticeship strategy to grow our own talent.
- Analyse monthly management accounts and composite reports to ensure we achieve an above average profitability level. Set annual budgets in consultation with the Accounts Department.
- Support the management of stock to ensure our required stock turn is consistently met, glide paths are achieved and obsolete stock is managed within accepted parameters.
- To maintain and develop robust and positive relationships with suppliers, demonstrating an inherent knowledge of the value of our products and services to ensure effective negotiation and review of contractual agreements.
Qualifications & Experience
5 years+ high senior level Manager or Director in automotive parts operations
Management & marketing experience necessary to co-ordinate, promote and grow a large retail and trade operation
Monday to Friday business hours.
Resilience and tenacity
Strong IT skills
Ideally have CDK experience
Experience of working in a multi-franchised car dealership
Team player with strong leadership skills and man management skills
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £COMPETITIVE SALARY WITH BONUS AVAILABLE
- Automotive Parts: 5 years
Required licence or certification:
- Driving Licence
You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
- Have you completed the following level of education: Master's?
- How many years of Automotive Parts experience do you have?
- Do you have the following licence or certification: Driving Licence?