This position is working for an outstanding communications and event company who are industry leaders in their field.
Their offerings include Events, Publishing, Training along with Intelligence/Research and Communications and they are looking for a commercially focused qualified Management Accountant to join their ever growing team.
The main benefit of this role is the commercial exposure and the exposure the senior execs in the business. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants a challenge and keen on developing their business partnering skills. This will also be working directly with business looking at commercial trends and forecasting.
- Prepare budgets and forecasts, analysing any variance
- Prepare monthly and quarterly management accounts to include P&L Accounts, Balance Sheets and Cash flows
- Business partner department heads and senior management to provide input into business decisions
- Monitor budget and ensure no overspend
- Provide financial insight into business strategy and business plans
- Analyse the risks and opportunities on new business initiatives
- Involved in the financial negotiation on major projects
- Interpret and communicate financial data to non-financial managers
- Monitor and advise on financial performance of departments and projects, providing insight into areas of improvement or efficiencies
- Implement corporate governance procedures, internal controls and risk management
- Monitor and evaluate financial systems and suggest areas of improvements
- Fully qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent)
- Experience gained within industry, ideally a marketing