My Client are currently recruiting for an Administrator to join the IT team in London on an 18 month fixed term contract.
The IT team is responsible for the development, deployment and maintenance of technology (infrastructure, hardware, software, tools and supporting processes) for the global network of lawyers and support staff.
The department has recently embarked on an ambitious multi-million pound programme of work to deliver "Verso", replacing core global systems with a blend of "best in class" technologies.
To provide secretarial and administrative support to the IT department and Verso programme, working as part of a team of existing PAs.
PAs in IT support the following people and their associated team members:
• IT Director
• IT Heads
• Programme Leadership
Role and responsibilities
• Provide day to day administration support in accordance with the standards and procedures.
• Deal promptly with all requests for information and assistance, prioritising between client and customer.
• Prepare agendas, reports, spread sheets and emails as required. Update/maintain actions/key decision logs.
• Manage (and continually review) calendars to ensure each entry is as complete as possible (venues, time-zones, dial-in details, equipment/AV, agenda, background information).
• Virtual filing in Omnia.
• Arrange meetings, including booking meeting rooms, AV, videoconferences, audio conferences, Webex meetings, refreshments as appropriate.
• Attend meetings as required - taking notes, chasing actions, drafting communications.
• Provide guidance to staff/contractors on the use of online travel booking systems for flights, hotels and taxis (VIATIQ) in accordance with policy, Work with individuals to process applications for visas where necessary.
• Provide guidance to staff/contractors on the use of expense claim process (Concur).
Communication and People
• Communicate regularly with all colleagues globally to ensure internal and external deadlines are met.
• Whilst PAs may have individual tasks allocated to them as operational need dictates, all must work as a team within IT, ensuring all Heads/Director and teams are fully supported.
• Develop a good rapport with IT staff globally at all levels of seniority.
Take ownership and accountability for a variety of IT specific management activities shared between IT admin staff, eg. on-boarding/off-boarding process for IT permanent and contract staff, maintenance of distribution lists, adjustments to floorplan/workspace requirements, monitoring and maintaining intranet micro-sites, preparation of weekly IT Availability chart, verification of monthly travel reports, scheduling/reporting on external training for IT staff, co-ordination of annual compliance surveys for staff, monitoring environmental reports, preparation and publication of Duty Manager rotas and notifications, ARB process, etc
• Experience of providing secretarial/administrative support in a pressurised technical and/or legal environment
• Working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Good organisation skills and the ability to multi-task/manage competing demands
• Curiosity and confidence in utilising and promoting new technologies, and encouraging others to do the same
• Pro-active with confident approach (forward planner and thinker; drive to follow up and see things through to the end result) and lots of initiative
• Excellent communication skills and efficient telephone manner
• Flexible approach
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Excellent attention to detail
• A good sense of humour
• An interest in IT, the purpose of each function, its goals and objectives and how these are aligned to the wider IT strategy and ultimately the Firm’s strategy