Solution Delivery Engineer
My client is a world class, IT managed services provider dealing with everything from mainframe to AWS/Azure, and everything in between! They also have a phenomenal culture within the company, leading to them being in Sunday Times top companies to work for 5 years running, peaking at #19.
Responsible for performing the technical delivery of a client solution and leading the client technical interaction, having a hands on approach and responsibility for installing, configuring and supporting a solution through from configuration design through to implementation and to live operational handover.
Working within the Projects & Solution Delivery department, reporting to the Technical Delivery Manager and working with a multi-technical team.
I am looking for an individual who is confident in their technical decisions and can hold client conversations or workshops and understand the needs of the To-Be environment. The candidate should be able to make good decisive technical decisions on client needs that will produce the best outcome for my client and their client.
The team is a dynamic and strong group who work well under pressure, each member has a strong skill set in a key technology that support our client services. They have a wide network in the company in which we utilise to support the best case possible for client delivery.
The role will expose you to a wide range of technologies and in addition to our online training academy, opportunity for external training will be supported for longer term personal objectives.
- Assist Project Managers with technical planning of IT infrastructure deployment, refresh and migration projects.
- Producing solution configuration design documentation and define technical approach for review then implementation
- Producing technical statements of work for change and project tasks
- Hands on operating system and application installation and configuration
- Directly supporting and engaging clients through their transition phase in which clients applications and data is being loaded / migrated
- Providing a quality efficient and effective technical delivery service to our clients both internally and externally
- Ensure solutions are deployed right first time, matching client requirements and agreed solution architecture / configuration designs
- An excellent understanding of n-tier architecture web applications and their associated infrastructure
- Excellent knowledge of TCP/IP addressing, sub-netting and routing basics
- Excellent technical awareness of Enterprise IT server infrastructure
- Good knowledge of Cloud based platforms and the essential capabilities
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Server Operating Systems
- Excellent knowledge of SAN/NAS and fabric platforms
- Good knowledge of Citrix NetScaler
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to use automated provisioning systems
- Excellent communication skills both internally and with Clients
- Ability to take lead role on the client journey driving the right outcomes for client needs
- Proven background in IT infrastructure delivery projects, playing a central hands on role
- Proven experience in an enterprise Data Centre environment
- Input to research and development to help shape and change new services and ensure the solution delivery processes are updated to reflect these
- Input to onboarding of new processes and procedures outside of those owned by research and development that impact the team
- Working with solution architectural documentation, clients and their third parties to produce accurate build and configuration documents that captures the variables required to deliver the technical solution accurately
- Control and communicate change in a way that minimises rework and ensures efficient solution delivery
- Clearly understand the client business outcomes required and design solution in line with contracted obligations
- Strong Client facing skills
o Written & verbal communication
o Good presentation skills
- Experience in Enterprise IT server infrastructure
- Proven ability to gather detailed requirements, show logical thinking in assessment and clear confident communicator in agreeing a solution
- Previous track record of developing and maintaining documentation (ideally ISO standard documentation)