About The Role
Works independently. Calculates and provides investment results and analytics to internal departments, investment professionals and external entities. Constructs, evaluates and maintains benchmarks and indexes. May present investment results and analyses to internal departments, investment professionals and external entities.
Key Responsibilities / Essential Functions
- Calculates and analyses fund, account, manager and composite investment results.
- Validates investment results and fund, account, index, composite and benchmark information in various internal and external systems.
- Researches and resolves discrepancies with internal operational teams.
- Prepares and validates attribution analysis.
- May access, assemble, manipulate and interpret large data sets.
- Provides investment results and quantitative analytics internally and externally.
- Delivers and communicates investment results and analytics to internal departments and external entities.
- Answers questions and acts as a point of contact internally and externally. Escalates complex issues to senior associates as needed.
- Maintains and analyses benchmarks and indexes.
- Sources, scrubs and updates benchmark data in various systems.
- May construct, evaluate and maintain custom internal benchmarks.
- Performs results, statistical and portfolio analysis.
- Researches current and historical portfolios using attribution analysis, risk metrics, investment style analysis and other techniques as necessary.
- Works closely with investment and distribution associates to determine analytical requirements.
- Provides analysis of portfolio results, including hypothetical/paper portfolio results.
- Works with other Results associates to maintain and understand forecasting tools and statistical models.
- May design and develop forecasting tools and statistical models that directly support the investment and distribution decision-making processes.
- Serves as a subject matter expert for one or more internal and external industry applications.
- Participates in application evaluation, requirements and acceptance criteria.
- Monitors outsourcing providers to ensure agreed-upon SLAs (Service Level Agreements).
- Leads departmental projects and process improvements.
- Keeps abreast of applicable compliance rules and regulations, ensures that controls are in place and data is reported accurately and in accordance with various compliance standards.
- Performs additional responsibilities as assigned.
Business & Technical Skills
- Demonstrates and applies an intermediate knowledge of Results Analysis’ policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates and applies intermediate knowledge of key performance measurement, risk and attribution concepts.
- Demonstrates and applies an intermediate knowledge of funds, mandates, investment process and various functions.
- Demonstrates intellectual curiosity and strong analytical skills in areas of complexity.
- Demonstrates the ability to identify, assess, escalate and resolve issues.