We are looking for a commercial, self-driven individual to build the finance department for our client.
To date all accounting has been completely outsourced, and the client is looking to bring everything in house, and is looking for someone to build the systems and processes. The company is currently a single entity, but within 12 months the plan is to multiple subsidiaries and will have gone through a corporate restructure which the successful candidate will be heavily involved in.
The business is growing very quickly and this is an opportunity for someone to start a finance team that will in all likelihood grow very quickly. As such it is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic candidate looking to extensively develop their career.
Directly manage an accounts assistant
- Produce monthly management accounts
- Implement an accounting system - we have subscribed to Sage 200, but have not configured and can cancel at short notice if required
- Oversee finance operations such as payroll, supplier payments, bank recs etc
- Oversee revenue reconciliation & manage commission payment process
- Liaise with an increasing number of regional offices
- Assist with the preparation of industry regulator (FCA) reporting (GABRIEL)
- Arrange annual audit
- Arrange R&D tax credit returns (with the help of an external agency)
- Companies House filing (currently done by contractor accountants)
We seek someone who is excited by the challenge of implementing processes and systems, as opposed to someone who is scared at the prospect of working somewhere that doesn’t yet have these in place.
You will need to be level headed, able to come up with solutions and have the ability to follow through with any actions required to see those solutions happen.
Ability to organise your own work as well as the work of the direct report(s).
You must be a good communicator
- Qualified 5 years + is very much desired.
- Must have management experience
- Must have experience of group accounting, and preferably have been involved in a company restructure
- Excellent knowledge of VAT
- Preferably CIMA
- Ideally have experience or familiar within the financial services industry