Permanent Site Engineer (Civil Engineering Contractor)
We are seeking a permanent Site Engineer to work for a major civil engineering contractor undertaking a large heavy civils project here in the North East of England. This is an excellent opportunity to work on a large civil engineering project and with an employer than has a strong reputation for personal development.
About the company
The organisation was founded in the 19th century and now employs nearly 2,000 direct members of staff and has a company turnover in excess of £500 Million per annum with 12 offices UK wide.
- Setting out on civil engineering projects
- Manage and develop junior members of the setting out team
- Assist the Project Manager / Site Agents with site records, risk assessments, method
- statements and permits as appropriate
- Communicate setting out control and provide information to assist with the construction of works
- Record 'as built’ information for Health & Safety File
- Ensure setting out equipment is properly maintained and calibrated
- Carry out pre-start OGL surveys with Survey Department
Skills and ability
- Applicants will have a proven record of setting out on civil engineering projects including earthworks, deep drainage, highways and infrastructure and be capable of producing as Buil drawings of such.
- Qualified to HND standard or higher
- Applicants should hold a CSCS card and have at least 2 years site experience.
- Excellent communications skills are essential, as is the ability to work under their own
- Applicants will be conversant with all surveying instruments, co-ordinate setting out and be able to work confidently with Autodesk Auto-Cad. SMSTS and First Aid will be an advantage but not essential.
- A full clean driving licence is essential.
The role offers a very competitive salary and benefits scheme including but not restricted to company car\ allowance, healthcare cover and pension. For more information please contact David Fletcher of CDM Recruitment