Quantity Surveyor - (Civil Engineering Contractor)
We are seeking a permanent Quantity Surveyor with experience of NEC forms of contract to work for a well known civil engineering contracts based in the North East of England.
The organisation employs just over 1,000 direct members of staff and has three North East offices and a turnover in excess of £180 Million per annum. The company has a strong reputation for delivering a multitude of civil engineering projects including new roads, sewers, flood alleviation schemes, WWTW, sea defence, housing and commercial development groundworks and earthwork to name just a few. Their projects are either delivered as principle contractor or sub contractor depending on the nature of the work and often range between £100K and £7 Million in value.
The role will include:
- Preparation and submission of monthly valuations,
- Pricing and submission of contract variations,
- Preparation of budgets & forecasts,
- Monthly cost/value reconciliation,
- Weekly payment of labour / plant only subcontractors,
- Appointment of domestic subcontractors, predominantly but not limited to surfacing, payment of accounts and final account settlement,
- Agreement of variations / final account with client QS,
- Attendance at site progress / contract review meetings,
- Preparation of take off’s for estimating department.
We are ideally seeking applicants with a minimum of 3 years experience with experience of overseeing civil engineering works within the construction sector. The role offers a very competitive salary and benefits package and given the diversity of the companies projects they can offer bot variety in work and considerable career progression. For more information on the role please contact David Fletcher of CDM Recruitment.