UK Motor with Casualty claims (contract or perm)
UK casualty claims specialist to work in developing London market syndicate.
You will handle and co-ordinate a portfolio of lead and follow market reinsurance claims in order to achieve for cedents and the syndicate the most cost effective settlement of those claims:
- Manage all claims aspects arising from assigned market(s)/LOB(s)
- Within a stated personal authority to commit the Company, handle, assess and respond promptly and appropriately to all individual loss presentations on the assigned business reviewing all aspects of coverage, legal liability, quantum and reserving
- Handle claims above the agreed personal authority under the guidance and supervision of those colleagues with sufficient authority
- Regular diary review of outstanding claims to maintain proactivity and ensure accuracy of reserves
- Ensure electronic and claim file records on assigned business are well organised and kept up-to-date with relevant information with full audit trail and comment in the system(s) and the individual claim files
- Ensure Large Losses and Extraordinary Events are promptly identified, recorded and reported as appropriate/in accordance with the prevailing guidelines
- Liaise with Technical Accounting and Finance Dept as regards all settlement and coordination matters arising
- Contributes and provides assistance for planning, coordination & organisation of client reviews, resp. audits and supports reviewers for compiling corresponding review, resp. audit reports
Candidates will need:
Strong experience of UK casualty claims and settlement with authority to negotiate. You will have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written and will be a strong team player who can also work independently. You should be self motivated and able to put processes and procedures in to place as this is a new position.
Due to the volume of advertising response, Next Consultants are only able to respond to shortlisted candidates. if you do not hear from us within 72 hours of submitting your application, we appreciate your interest but regret to inform you that your application has not been shortlisted.