Science Teacher KS3-KS5 with Biology Specialism
Are you a Science Teacher looking to work in the heart of the greatest city in the world? Are you looking to build and develop your teaching career with a supportive SLT? Then read on........
Randstad Education is working with a school which has a unique history, operates in a brilliant listed building on the South Bank of the Thames and contains a team who are both proud of our track record and ambitious to develop further.
The school is a close knit community school with 600 boys on their role within their close knit school community and is looking for a Science Teacher to deliver Science for KS3 - KS5 with a specialist subject of Biology.
This is a full time permenant role and the school will support NQTs through their induction for a suitable candidate.
If you are interested in this role then the successful candidate will be required to:
* Plan, prepare and teach lessons at KS3 - KS5 (therefore a detailed knowledge of the curriculum is crucial)
* Excellent subject knowledge with a strong interest in Biology
* Participate in and organise relevant extra-curricular activities
* Assist colleagues within your department
* Monitor pupil's progress and keep records of their development, as well as preparing them for external examinations & qualifications
To be considered for this role, you must hold -
* Qualified Teacher Status & eligibility to work in the UK
* A valid DBS (Randstad can facilitate a DBS application if required)
* Relevant recent teaching experience
* A first degree in a science based specialism
If successful you will receive:
* A competitive salary, excellent CPD and career progression
* Good standards of behaviour & a supportive leadership team
* A high quality continuing personal development plan
All applicants will be subject to Randstad's compliance procedures.
Due to time constraints interviews and lesson observations will be held as and when the right applications are received. If you have notice to give you are strongly advised to apply as the school will wait for the right candidate.
We also require other teachers for a variety of other short term, long term and permanent contracts across Lambeth and other South East London Boroughs
We have a 'Recommend a Friend' scheme where if a teacher who you have recommended to us works for us for 30 days, you will receive a £300 voucher. Get in touch today.