Cash Management Intern
*Please note that this internship is run through the University of London therefore any applications made should come through this link only*
Company: TOTAL GAS & POWER LTD
PLEASE READ APPLICATION PROCESS BELOW BEFORE APPLYING.
Competitive Basic Salary - £22,500 per annum (£19,500 for less experience)
Excellent offices in Canary Wharf with excellent working environments with self-serve cafe areas
Annual leave entitlement of 25 days in addition to 8 bank holidays.
52 weeks contract starting ASAP.
Total Gas & Power Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Total Group responsible for energy Marketing and Trading activities in the UK. We supply natural gas to many thousands of sites across the UK, and we are market leaders in the highly competitive I&C sector (by gas volume).
BETTER ENERGY NEEDS YOU
Give your best to better energy and make the commitment with Total. With over 500-plus professions in 130 countries, we offer high safety and environmental standards, strong ethical values, an innovation culture and wide-ranging career development. Be part of the global team whose mission is already shared by 100,000 employees: to make energy better each and every day.
Following the relocation of its centralised Group Treasury function to London in 2014, Total, via its wholly owned subsidiary Total Finance Corporate Services Limited (TFCS), is looking to strengthen its corporate treasury team. The positions are based in Canary Wharf and offer exceptionally broad exposure in a multicultural environment.
Working in a team you will help to manage the Group's daily cash flow of $12 to $15 billion in 25 currencies.
Some of the key responsibilities are outlined below:
- Manage the cash transactions undertaken by the affiliates, from receipt of instructions through to final payment,
- Determine the daily cash position forecasts by currency and forward them to the Front Office for investment or borrowing in the financial markets,
- Control, confirm and validate the market transactions undertaken by the Front Office,
- Prepare and analyse bank reconciliations and resolve non-reconciled items,
- Monitor certain sensitive cash flows, especially to or from countries that may be subject to international sanctions,
- Work with the Internal Control Department to introduce and track compliance documentation (Sarbanes-Oxley, etc.),
- Participate in cash management projects, integration of new instruments and treasury system development.
For both opportunities, the successful candidates should be educated to degree level (minimum 2.1), posses an interest in financial markets or corporate treasury and have relevant experience within cash management and its associated disciplines.
Exposure to Treasury Management Systems development would also be an advantage.
The ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills,
- Versatility and autonomy with an ability to work to tight deadlines,
- Exhibit strong organisational skills with a capacity to show excellent attention to detail,
- Open-mindedness and adaptability with the desire to work in an international and multi-cultural environment,
- French language skills and/or experience in the Oil and Gas industry would be an advantage.
Please note that any candidates that apply to Total directly will not be considered.
1. Applicants should apply with their most up to date CV only, no cover letter required at this stage.
2. All CVs will be filtered and screened by the University of London's Internship Team.
3. Once the Internships team at the University have filtered and screened all the applications; they will call all the suitable applicants over the phone. Unfortunately due to the high number of applications that we receive, we can only call the most suitable candidates.
4. Successful candidates will be notified ASAP of the application process and the next stages