Seeking an Accountant to assist the Executive Director and COO in making financial decisions to help grow and develop the Company. The role encompasses all areas of accounting and finance. Including, but not limited to, producing and monitoring Management accounts allied information and Financial numerical and KPI.
About The Role
- To assist the Executive Director and COO with all financial reporting and analytical tasks.
- Month end activity and reporting to be finished by 5 working days after the month end
- Initial preparation of Budgets and forecasts, monitoring and reporting on same and delivery of variance analysis, including explanations.
- To prepare monthly KPI’s as required by the Board, including but not limited to, for example:
1. Analysis of Working Capital, Debtor days and Creditor days, with recommendation of methods of improvements
2. A quarterly schedule of staff TOIL and similar accrued days, and complimentary schedule of holiday entitlement and days taken
3. The out turn expectation of the year from month 3 onwards, with explanations
4. A quarterly cash flow/working capital analysis (including Creditor days and debtor days over the previous 12 to 18 months); with recommendations on how to reduce debtors and increase working capital
- Create and operate a true Treasury function, placing short-term deposits to maximize interest receivable
- Weekly cash flow analysis and forecasting.
- To instruct other members of staff, as required, on how to and where to process and file all invoices and other financial documentation, such as to maintain a good, accessible and comprehensive financial accounting records.
- To review all entries into Sage (if not carried out by yourself) and to remain responsible for getting all the business transactions into Sage.
- Review the payroll records and ensure they agree to sage, to follow up any discrepancies and enquiries from staff.
- Prepare and submit all VAT returns.
- Correspond with HMRC on all matters.
- Be the main correspondent for external auditors and supply all the necessary documents and schedules required by them.
- To implement controls and other audit evidence as deemed necessary by the auditors or Executive Director or COO.
- Review and reconcile aged creditors and review and chase aged debtors with a view to maximize company cash flow balance.
- Cost control, review overhead contracts, suggest ways of getting more value for money from suppliers or recommend and switch suppliers (eg mobile phone, gas, electricity), achieve any discounts on offer.
- To ensure sufficient paperwork is obtained and filed for all business transactions with the assistance of the Team & Office Administrator.
- To prepare the year-end financial statements.
- Be responsible for the asset register and the location and insurance of all assets.
- Maintain the register of all non personnel Insurances, with cancelation and renewal dates diarized.
- Be the prime contact for Personnel Insurances, ensuring they are updated, renewed and revised as necessary
- Initial budget for each event or conference
- Statistical reporting
- Any other ad-hoc tasks as requested by the Executive Director or COO.
- Keep up to date with accountancy changes.
About Our Client
Family owned Business Services company
- A flexible "hands on, can do" attitude, with an ability to work quickly and accurately.
- Knowledge of Sage essential. Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Five years experience of similar book-keeping and accountancy duties.
- Any accountancy related qualifications.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to multi-task.
- A warm and engaging personality, with significant experience of interacting with senior professionals is essential.
Things You Should Know
25 days holiday, free parking , pension, great working environment.
Commutable from: Epsom, Leatherhead, Sutton, Dorking, Kingston, Wimbledon, Crawley, Reigate, Redhill, Croydon, Horsham, Horley, Guildford, Cobham, Woking, Camberley, Weybridge.
Howett Thorpe recruit for roles within accounts payable, credit control, payroll also covering accounts assistants, audit, management accounts, financial accounts, analysts, financial controllers, financial directors, corporate finance, tax including all part qualified and qualified vacancies.
Howett Thorpe are acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role and comply with all relevant UK legislation and do not discriminate on any protected characteristics. Due to the high volume of applications we currently receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from a Consultant within 5 working days please assume that you have not been successful.
Refer a friend
If this job is not of interest to you, but you know a friend or colleague who may be interested, recommend them to us and receive a minimum of £150 in vouchers if we assist them in securing a permanent role and a minimum of £25 in vouchers if we place them in a temporary assignment. (Terms & conditions apply)