German speaking Legal Secretary
A new vacancy has arisen within a prestigious London based legal practice for a polished and highly organised German speaking bilingual legal secretary to provide a wide range of diverse legal secretarial and administrative support their very busy German department.
You will be working in a very busy multinational legal environment which will involve the production of legal documentation in English and German (typing up legal documentation, involvement with the dossiers and cases), together with direct client liaison via phone, email and face to face in both English and German. This is a very involved role where you will be working very closely with a small group of lawyers, becoming the go to person in the German department whilst the lawyers are out of the office.
Your daily duties will involve managing a busy diaries, booking appointments, client liaison (dealing with HNWI's and corporate clients), screening calls and emails, taking and relaying messages in a timely manner and dealing with post) meeting and greeting clients and guests , producing and editing legal documentation and translation support in both English and German.
Suitable candidates possess a high level of professionalism along with first-class communication written and verbal communication skills in German. You will need to be able to cope with a busy workload whilst remaining calm under pressure. A keen eye for detail is essential for carrying out proof reading and document editing in English and German as well as working with specific dossiers and cases.
- Written and spoken German to mother tongue standard
- Perfectly fluency in English - both written and spoken
- A stable PA / Secretarial / Team Secretarial background including UK based work experience
- Demonstrable PA / Secretarial experience from within a corporate / legal environment
- Excellent organisation and multi-tasking skills with a keen eye for detail
- Professional, trustworthy, discreet and excellent communication skills
- Typing speed of at least 60wpm
- You will need to be resilient, very organised, methodical and able to cope with a busy workload whilst remaining calm under pressure and be able to work independently
To apply, please send your CV in Word format to Hannah. If you have applied for any other languagematters vacancy there is no need to re-apply, as your CV will be considered for all vacancies that match your language skills and work experience.
We work constantly to provide equal opportunities for all, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, social background, religion, disability or sexuality.
NB: Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK or hold a valid work permit. Please note that we contact successful candidates within 3-4 working days. Language Matters is acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy.