Ability to work with Macros is essential and the ability to develop knowledge of the Group various financial systems and software, will be key. Knowledge of the care sector is an advantage, empathy will be very important.
My client is a £76m business, operating through the South of England, whilst the business is based in Taunton, some travel is essential.
- To provide timely, reliable and accurate financial information to senior management / Board;
- Tax compliance and support (VAT, corporation tax, indirect payroll tax)
- To provide project support as required;
- To provide Strategic Planning financial support as required;
- To demonstrate good communication skills dealing with mixed teams across care;
- Business System and IT skills required in an organised manner supporting the business and finance infrastructure of the Group;
- Support the Systems & Management Accountant with the production of timely and accurate monthly consolidated management accounts, including P&L, balance sheet and cash flow, plus supporting KPI's;
- Production for FD review of draft management accounts reports, incorporating narrative (tables / bullet points) for monthly Executive Management Board and Board, and associated ad hoc reports and key issue communication to Operational teams;
- Responsibility for the import of key monthly journals to the nominal ledger e.g. payroll, sales, purchase ledger, cash and bank, including control checks on these;
- Assist with the production of divisional management accounts, for residential, community and learning disability services;
- Support the finance team creating and maintaining Financial Procedures and compliance within operations;
- Support the team with the creation and maintenance of new 'BI' reports for operational and central colleagues;
- Support the Group Payroll Manager and Head of Remuneration with all payroll related issues;
- Provide tax support including Group quarterly vat returns, corporation tax payments and accounting (tax returns prepared externally) plus ad hoc tax support;
- Support the Systems & Management Accountant with group Cash flow preparation and analysis to include key interest forecasting;
- To undertake project work as requested.
- To represent the Companies at external meetings, conferences etc. as required and to promote the best interests of the Companies at all times.
- To be a member of and contribute to policy/planning/development groups as requested, and to keep abreast of new areas of development in key areas of national policy.
- To undertake any other duties relevant to the aims and objectives and general responsibilities of this post.
- You will be proactive to maintain the profile of the Somerset Care Group.
- Be required to have a valid driving licence and access to a safe vehicle for use for driving for work.
- You will attend regular review meetings, annual appraisals, team meetings, training courses and follow-up refresher courses as required.