Junior Software Developer
Graduate Software Developer
A leading financial software provider whose client list is brimming with wealth management companies and stockbrokers. The company successfully improves performance of financial clients by providing market-leading software, along with consultancy and training. With each client being different, the company prides itself on its ability to tailor the approach to each client. With offices nationwide and modern HQ in the heart of London, this company is continuing to grow and boats a second-to-none training programme that allows graduates to grow from within the company.
They are currently on the lookout for a Graduate Software Developer to join their graduate development programme in their Birmingham offices. Unlike many other graduate opportunities, this role is very customer facing and strong communication skills are a must. The role would suit a analytical graduate with strong problem-solving skills who is looking for a client facing position to go along with their development skills. You'll learn about stockbroking and fund management industries and be able to explain technical issues in a simple manner to clients. With career opportunities ranging from senior developers, project management, product owner, consultancy or client relationship management, this position is perfect for something looking to develop their skills within a prestigious organisation.
As Graduate Software Developer, your tasks will include:
- Working with clients to provide new and innovating software solutions
- Using your development skills to provide technical support
- Liaise with clients and explain information in a non-technical way
- Be the bridge between the development team and the client
- Use your analytical skills to solve complex problems
What are we looking for?
- At least a 2:1 in a relevant degree, as well as an A in A-level maths
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Be proficient in software development
- You'll love being analytical and be a problem solver
- Highly motivated to achieve quality results in a complex and demanding environment
- A high level of computer literacy as well as a good command of English - both written and verbal
- Impeccable organisation and time management skills
What else is on offer?
- A fantastic opportunity to join a growing software company who pride themselves on developing from within
- Cinema tickets and ½ price gym membership
- 25 days holiday plus public holidays
- Cycle to work scheme
- Private medical healthcare scheme
If you're keen to get stuck into this Graduate Software Developer job in Birmingham, make sure you apply today!