An established manufacturing company based near Pontypool are recruiting for a Purchasing Manager to join their team.
Summary of Job Functions:
- Acquisition of goods and services required to assure on-time deliveries and customer satisfaction. The primary objective is to identify and obtain the products and services that must be obtained externally. Evaluate and determine the best supplier, value and delivery for those products and services.
- Responsible for ensuring all parts arrive from the vendor on time to meet project deadlines, as well as progressing materials and proprietary parts from the Stores/Goods Inwards to the shop floor allocated areas.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Negotiate best prices from suppliers
- To be the main point of contact for supplier problem resolution and instigating the necessary corrective action
- Follow the Supply Chain Processes and Procedures
- Monitor orders to ensure that materials/services and hires and deliveries to customer timescales
- Work closely with the supplier to resolve any issues that negatively affect delivery timescales
- Maintain up to date records of outstanding orders contacting vendors via telephone calls and email
- Ensure the vendor is aware of any special requirements in respect of delivery
- To monitor goods received to ensure shortages are cleared on arrival in Goods Inwards
- Collate and assess supplier performance within the given area
- To attend weekly production meetings and organise shortage meetings with Charge Hands to advise latest material status.
To be considered for this role you must:
- Have the drive and hunger to develop a career with the company as progression within the company is likely
- Motor experience is desired
- SAGE manufacturing experience is preferable
Interviews will be taking place ASAP so please apply today!