Salary: £18,000-£20,000 plus company vehicle
Our client specialise in offering high quality professional IT support and services to small and mid-sized companies.
You will need at least 3 years’ experience of supporting desktop and server operating systems and applications, networking and communications LAN, WAN, ADSL etc. and you'll need excellent communication skills.
We’re looking for experience in supporting SMBs with Microsoft Small Business Server and latterly Server Essentials and Office365.
Your duties will include a combination of IT helpdesk duties and installation, configuration and support at our clients’ sites of hardware and software and the management of installation projects for our clients. From the simplest printer installation to the trickiest server replacements, we believe a project should be planned properly to ensure it is always done correctly and our clients’ expectations are met or exceeded.
You’ll work closely with the technical and managing directors and need to recognise possible sales opportunities during the course of your work. A full driving licence is essential as a company car is provided.
Please note that successful applicants would be subject to a CRB check.
- £18,000 to £20,000
- Company Car provided
- Educated to at least ‘A’ level standard.
- MCP or other MS certification an advantage.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience supporting IT applications and/or communications technologies.
- Front line telephone support to external customers in the SMB support industry
- Field engineering support an advantage but this position would be ideal for a helpdesk-based technician looking to broaden their horizon.
- Good organisational skills.
- The ability to remain calm and friendly under pressure.
- Logical approach to problem solving.
- The ability to work as both a team leader and team member.
Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of desktop and server operating systems.
- Knowledge of small business IT systems and software.
- Good listening skills.
- Good written communication skills.
- Able to communicate technical instructions to all levels.
- Good knowledge of Internet based communication technologies.
- Highly customer focused.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Providing onsite installation and support services to clients.
- 1st and 2nd line helpdesk support and support to full-time helpdesk staff.
- Remotely monitoring and managing our clients’ systems using appropriate tools.
- Checking and monitoring our clients’ systems for cyber security purposes.
- Drawing up plans for and arranging installation projects
- Pre-installation preparation for PC/Server/Comms/Office 365 projects.
- Liaison with clients during projects.
- Routine site visits to client site for checks and maintenance.
- Recognising possible sales opportunities during the course of your work.
- Preparation of pre-quote information.
If you are able to show the relevant competences for this role then please apply.