Senior Section Manager (FMCG) - North West London
Our client is a Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) company and they are one of the market leaders in the food manufacturing industry. They are looking for an experienced Senior Section Manager to join their operations team to manage a significant part of a factory operation.
- To pro-actively manage to ensure that a safe working environment exists for all employees in the operation and that as a minimum the operation meets the standards set out in the Group Health & Safety policy.
- To lead and drive standards of quality, food safety, hygiene and housekeeping within your area through Good Manufacturing Practice (G.M.P.) to ensure that both Business and customer standards are kept and audit requirements are fully met.
- To appropriately manage the performance of all teams members including section managers through the use of performance managements systems.
- To own the training & development of all levels of team including managers. Actively coach, develop, recruit and train team members to the required level of competence to encourage continuous improvement within the business.
- To manages the NPD process within their area of responsibility to ensure that all trials run successfully and through to product launch
- Challenges and introduces new KPIs to drive performance. Ensuring systems are in place to collect the necessary data to measure performance against the agreed KPIs. Develops and implements PIPs and identifies areas for improvement.
- Plan, organise and measure labour and material requirements within their area to ensure that both short- and long- term agreed targets are met.
- Manages the communication process in their area to ensure that the workforce is well informed on relevant business news and to encourage effective cross-functional links.
- Involvement in the selection process for direct reports and all staff within their area to ensure that the necessary skills are in place at all levels. Be responsible for the supervision and coaching of Section Managers.
- Supports and encourage the company’s values and a positive culture within their area, whilst fostering good employee relations through fair, consistent and effective people management. Supports an effective SEF representation structure in their area.
- Must have previous experience managing a significant part of a factory operation.
- Highly organised and attention to details.
- Driven and enthusiasm
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
The operational hours are from Monday to Thursday covering the late shifts.
Salary is £42,000 - £45,000 per annum, depending on experience.
The work location is based in North West London.This is a full time permanent position to commence soon.
If the role matches your profile, please apply now.