Event Sales Executive
Our client, an established, global media business is seeking a successful sales person to manage sales for an allocated territory across one of their leading expos focusing on the sale of exhibition space and sponsorship opportunities.
The role will involve:
- Contacting national and international companies to generate exhibition and sponsorship sales
- Visiting clients on a regular basis across varied industries
- Identifying new advertising clients and work with line manager on sales strategy
- Working closely with other members of the global advertising team to identify and target new clients
- Working with regional as well as national organisations to promote the events and attract high delegate numbers
- Attending relevant industry meetings, trade shows and industry events
- Upkeep of all on-going sales activities in CRM and be able to provide clear revenue figures and sales forecasts to management on a weekly basis
- Maintaining close contact with clients post sale and managing organisational aspects of the event including website content.
- Close contact with clients post sale and managing organisational aspects of the event including website content
- Grow and expand the events portfolio into new regions
- An undergraduate degree - 2.1 or above
- Sales experience within a B2B environment, ideally in an events/sponsorship sales role, or media/advertising sales
- A proven record of building relationships with new clients
- Demonstrable commercial awareness
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills
- A willingness to travel
- The ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- A 'can do’ attitude
If you’re looking for an exciting client facing sales opportunity and are looking to join a global, prestigious publishing company with endless career opportunities on offer in the long-term, then this could be the role for you! A competitive basic salary up to £28k with a further £7K on target earnings (uncapped) in commission is on offer to the successful candidate plus a range of great benefits.
Interested? Please apply immediately to Shape Media.