This is a great chance to join an established Investment Manager based in Central London. This business has a focus on infrastructure and renewable energy and is due to list its latest fund on the stock exchange in coming weeks. You will work closely with the Finance Controller in a varied role working for a fast-paced and growth orientated business.
This role will assume responsibility for the financial reporting and management of the portfolio SPV’s. You will work closely with the operations team on ad hoc projects as well as producing reports for the board. You will be required to produce management and statutory accounts, prepare annual budgets also assuming responsibility for local tax returns.
Key duties & responsibilities
- Review of monthly finance reports for SPVs
- Monitoring of budgets, preparation of reports of actual figures against budget for monthly & quarterly reports
- Preparation of the annual budgets for the SPVs
- Review and completion of SPV statutory accounts & management of audit process
- Review SPV VAT returns and ensure full compliance with Irish VAT regulations and ensure timely submission
- Monitoring of SPV cash balances and review of payment instructions
- Assisting in the process for corporation tax compliance for SPVs, including liaising with tax advisors
- Liaising with the Operations team on ad-hoc projects
- Assisting with the production of Plc Annual Report and Half Year Reports.
- Assisting the FC with any ad-hoc projects
- Maintenance of corporate directorships database for the Fund & SPVs
- Maintenance of the SPV board calendar
- Preparation of SPV board packs
- Monitoring of wind farm SPV policies and procedures, ensuring these are up-to-date and regularly reviewed by board
- Maintenance of SPV databases, ensuring relevant returns are submitted to deadlines
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Proficient user of Excel
- Experience of FRS102 and IFRS