IQA - IT Apprenticeships
OVERVIEW: LEAD ASSESSOR/IQA - IT APPRENTICESHIPS
As a result of continued growth, our prestigious client is looking to add an experienced IQA, who will lead a team of assessors who are delivering IT apprenticeships.
The role is home based and you will have a small caseload of learners along with IQA and performance management duties, working closely with the Senior Quality Manager to ensure standardisation of processes.
DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: LEAD ASSESSOR/IQA - IT APPRENTICESHIPS
The role will require you to manage a team of assessors, providing support and development in addition to standardisation. You will have a small caseload of learners in addition to IQA duties ensuring assessment of processes and quality of provision. In addition to this you will also run regular standardisation meetings.
You will possess a strong occupational background in IT, hold your Quality Assurance award (TAQA, IQA, V1 or equivalent) along with a proven track record delivering the Level 3 and 4 Telecoms and Professional IT Apprenticeship. A proven track record of managing a team of assessors is essential for this role.
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES: LEAD ASSESSOR/IQA - IT APPRENTICESHIPS
- Quality Assurance Qualification (TAQA, IQA, V1 or equivalent)
- Assessor Qualification (A1, TAQA, D32 or equivalent)
- Previous experience delivering Level 3 and 4 Telecoms and Professional IT Apprenticeships
- Proven track record performance managing a team of assessors
- Previous industry experience in IT
Previous experience delivering Vendor qualifications and technical certificates including CISCO, CCNA, CompTIA desirable but not essential.
SALARY/BENEFITS: LEAD ASSESSOR/IQA - IT APPRENTICESHIPS
- £40k-£45k depending on qualifications and experience
- 45p per mile travel expenses (paid from the home)
- Excellent benefits package including private Healthcare, Dental cover amongst others
- Laptop and mobile phone
Please Note: Oakmoor Recruitment receive a high number of applications and are not always able to respond to unsuccessful candidates. If you have not been contacted within 7 days then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Thank you for your interest and we will keep your details on file for any future suitable vacancies. All applications must be eligible to work in the UK.