Junior / Graduate Quantity Surveyor
Job Profile for Quantity Surveyor - 00025698
I am currently recruiting for 2 Junior Quantity Surveyors to be based in Poole. My client, who specialise a variety of sectors, have been established for almost 40 years and possess a proven track record of success, having progressed from modest beginnings to multi-million pound projects throughout the UK. They have also seen steady and consistent growth, hence the requirement for 2 junior Quantity Surveyors.
The successful QS' will be either a keen school leaver or a fresh Graduate with a strong interest in Quantity Surveying. If the successful candidate is a school leaver, then full financial support for a RICS accredited Higher Education course will be provided. There will also be full RICS support provided to enable the successful QS' to become Chartered.
The QS will be working in a variety of fields, not just one sector, and so there will be a degree of travel required. Sectors vary from marine work with the RNLI through to working with local commercial clients, such as Breweries. The role itself will initially involve training and shadowing and acting as a support member to the wider team before progressing to a full Surveying role.
My client are keen on progression and development, so the appropriate QS' should be looking to develop a career within the industry and be ambitious, targeting progression.
Quantity Surveyor Position Overview
- Working closely with, and supporting, the Senior Quantity Surveyors
- Prepare take off reports.
- Ensure works are valued and payment obtained in accordance with the contract terms
- Assist with the preparation of estimates and cost plans and in the development of programmes for the delivery
- Adhere to all Health and Safety Requirements.
Quantity Surveyor Position Requirements
- Strong core skills - must have previous experience of completing the take-off of quantities.
- Either a school leaver or a fresh Graduate
- Ability to work independently
- Keen to forge a career and progress within the industry
Quantity Surveyor Position Remuneration
- Salary: £16k - £26k (DOE)
- Full Higher Education Financial Support (if required)
- Full RICS support
- Travel reimbursement
- Standard working week: 08:45 - 17:15 (Mon-Thurs) 08:45 - 16:15 (Fri)
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.
Bennett and Game Recruitment are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy