Technical Services Manager - 3rd line Support
My client is a world class, IT managed services provider dealing with everything from mainframe to AWS/Azure, and everything in between! They also have a phenomenal culture within the company, leading to them being in Sunday Times top companies to work for 5 years running, peaking at #19.
An opportunity has opened within the Client Service Operations Department for the role of Technical Service Manager, delivering highly focused client support for one of their large Enterprise clients.
Whilst the role is based in Staines, you’ll be expected to spend 2 days a week on site with the client for now, likely to drop to 1 day a week once they’ve worked through a busy period. (Option of 1 day a week at home also applies).
The Technical Service Manager is the key technical support contact for the client, and as such, will gain well-rounded experience in supporting and maintaining a large client solution with multiple technologies and services. You will enjoy a close working relationship with key client technical and business contacts, employing and building upon strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Working closely with the Third Line Support and Client Account Management Teams, the Technical Service Manager gains exposure to the commercial aspects of managing a client, in additional to the technical aspects. The Technical Service Manager regularly hosts and attends client meetings, as well as assisting in the deployment of new Projects.
My client encourages and supports personal development via a specifically tailored Personal Development Plan, and will work with you to understand your personal goals and help determine your career path. My client also contributes to your development with 5 days worth of Study Leave each year to allow you to focus on your development and contribute towards desired certifications.
Measured quarterly, you will have proven skills in being able to deliver against personal, departmental and team goals and delivering excellent client satisfaction.
You will enjoy a competitive salary package with a wealth of additional benefits, and work and socialise with a close-knit team of people who have regularly voted my client into the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For in the UK, peaking at #19!
- You will be the named point of contact for technical enquiries and escalations within Client Support for your client
- You will pro-actively improve the quality and effectiveness of support for your client
- You will ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of a variety of information systems that support core organisational functions for your client
- You will monitor, maintain, support, and optimise all operating systems in the client solution
- You will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues to maximise the performance and availability of your client’s critical applications and services
- You will work closely with Client Account Management teams to develop enduring client relationships
- You will troubleshoot and resolve complex technical problems
- You will act as a role model and mentor for fellow team members and other support teams
- You will act as a technical authority and in the event of a Major Incident, organise relevant resources to ensure effective resolution
- You will provide operational knowledge of your client’s solution to support other departments (e.g. the Project Delivery and Solution Architecture teams)
- You will be responsible for managing your own time and task workload
- You may lead functional teams and projects
- You will implement operational procedures, tools and best practices
- You will identify and obtain efficiency gains
- You will aid in capacity management and reporting tasks.
- You will participate in the execution of Disaster Recovery exercises and take ownership of specific server tasks
- You will gain and possess a full understanding of client server and network infrastructure
- You will be supporting project deployment and project transition support for complex solutions
- You will execute change management tasks in line with defined processes
Skills and Experience
- Excellent Microsoft Server 2008/2012 skills with certifications recommended
- Strong Active Directory, IIS, Exchange and SQL skills
- Excellent understanding of web site/enterprise infrastructure technology
- Strong knowledge on VMware ESX/VSphere. VMware Certified Professional preferred
- Proven experience in supporting customer-focused environments
- Proven networking skills (Firewall, Load Balancing, TCP/IP)
- Experience of running mission critical systems within a multi-site data centre environment
- Coaching and mentoring skills
- Advanced problem solving skills
- 3-5 years of experience from a Managed Services background
- Experience in pulling resources together from different technical teams to work on a single goal
- Strong understanding of Infrastructure technologies like Storage Area Networks, Open Systems and Firewalls
- ITIL certification highly recommended
- Citrix experience beneficial
• 25 Days Holiday (after 5 years’ service rises by 2 days, and then a further 1 day per year, capped at 30)
• 5 Days Study Leave
• ½ Day Birthday Leave
• 1 day annual charity Leave
• Private Family Medical Cover
• Up to 5% Contributory Pension
• Life Assurance
• Income Replacement Scheme
• Subsidised Gym Membership
• Free breakfast cereal and refreshments
• Child care vouchers
• Bikes to work scheme
• Membership to the Sports & Social Club