Graduate Buyer / Buyer
A well-known manufacturing business are recruiting a Graduate Buyer / Buyer. Applicants need to be fresh graduates, or degree educated Buyers seeking an exciting new opportunity.
Our client is searching for someone to join the Contract Buying Team and ensure the supply of purchased parts and services to production facilities, in line with the business needs, in the most cost effective and time critical way. All the time ensuring the best P&L for the business.
Specific duties of the Graduate Buyer / Buyer include:
1. Review and understand commodity and market pricing
2. Negotiate long term contracts, manage supply base and instigate supplier improvement programmes
3. Work closely with development and engineering teams in evaluating new products & technology
4. Undertake 'make or buy scenarios'
5. Adhere to administration systems ensuring agreed processes of the purchase cycle
6. Report on a monthly basis all cost reduction achievements
7. Contribute to an progressive environment of process improvement.
Graduate Buyer / Buyer applicants should meet the following criteria:
1. Educated to degree level in a relevant subject area (Engineering, Procurement, Business)
2. If not a graduate, procurement or supply chain experience
3. Computer literate with sound knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
4. The ability to communicate well at all levels by showing good presentation skills with a willingness to embrace change
5. The desire for a progressive career within Procurement & Supply Chain
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.