Adults Senior Social Worker Young Adults Transition Team - Woking
£39,270 per annum for 36 hours per week based at Quadrant Court, 35 Guildford Road, Woking, GU22 7QQ.
This is a 12 month secondment opportunity. (Potential to become permanent).
You will need permission from your line manager to apply.
Flexible working supported where possible, laptop and mobile supplied. 24 days annual leave, local government salary-related pension offered, discounted child care vouchers as well as the option to join the car lease scheme. For more information, please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
An enhanced DBS ‘Disclosure and Barring Service’ check for regulated activity (formerly known as CRB) and the Children’s and Adults’ Barred List checks will be required for this role.
Surrey County Council is committed to the development of its workforce and as such this role is only available to applicants who already work for Surrey County Council. We thank you for your interest in Surrey County Council and would encourage you to review our current vacancies which are available to all.
About the Role
We are looking for a full time Senior Social Worker to join the County Transition Team to work with a cohort of young people aged 14-25.
This is a great opportunity to learn about a new aspect of statutory Adult Social Care or, perhaps, gain your first experiences as a Senior Social Worker. This is an exciting time to join our Team as we respond to the changes in both Adults and Children’s Legislation by continually developing new ways of working with young adults, their families and partner agencies. We are passionate in our efforts to promote all possible choice, control and lifelong opportunity to those that we support.
If you meet the following criteria, then we would love to receive your application:
- Are you a qualified, HCPC registered social worker with at least 3 years post registration experience as a social worker in a social care or multi-agency community setting?
- Do you excel in your profession and are you interested in the challenges of working in a busy, high volume, professional environment?
- You will need to be motivated and flexible with high professional standards.
- You will have sound knowledge and experience of current legislation and its application to practice in a social care setting, using this in complex situations to develop multi-agency interventions that promote all possible independence.
- In particular, you will have an applied knowledge of The Mental Capacity Act and experience of undertaking safeguarding enquiries.
- You will be able to communicate in a clear, fluent way, without jargon and in a courteous, calm and professional manner.
- You will have experience of, and be able to provide, professional, reflective supervision, guidance and advice to less experienced social workers, including those completing ASYE and social work students.
In return for all of your skills, enthusiasm and commitment we will support you to take your career to the next level.
You will receive professional supervision and be working in a team of motivated, dedicated and friendly colleagues.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 23rd July 2017.
Interviews will take place on 10th August 2017.
Please do not apply if you have been unsuccessful at interview stage previously for this role for any team across Adult Social Care in Surrey County Council as your application will not be considered for 3 months from your interview date.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.