Materials & Production Planner
A Materials & Production Planner is required by an engineering business. Applicants need expertise in Supply Chain or Production Planning, MRP/ERP, stock management, forecasting, and have worked within a manufacturing environment.
The Materials & Production Planner will be responsible for planning the manufacture of products to meet customer demand. As part of a Planning Team the Materials & Production Planner will work closely with external customer and internal stakeholders, planning in MRP and managing stock levels.
Specific duties of the Materials & Production Planner include:
1. Create production plan based on customer forecasts
2. Load demand onto the MRP system to generate material demand
3. Raise and release works orders
4. Maintain the integrity of MRP data
5. Contribute to S&OP activities
6. Maintain stock and inventory levels - set safety and target stock levels, agree consignment stock levels
7. Contribute to a culture of continuous improvement, and LEAN thinking
8. Build effective relationships with; Sales, Customer Services and Production stakeholders
Materials & Production Planner applicants should meet the following criteria:
1. Production Planning, Materials Control, or Supply Chain Planning experience
2. Exposure to a manufacturing, or engineering environment
3. Inventory Management skills - forecasting / experience in setting stock levels
4. The ability to build excellent relationships with internal stakeholders, and customers
5. MRP/ERP experience, or advanced MS Excel skills
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.