Junior Construction Manager £18K - £22K Property Development Central London
Our client is boutique residential Property Development Company focused on creating high quality schemes throughout Central London.
Whilst priding themselves on creating unique and inspiring homes it is their attention to detail which sets them apart from their competitors.
Our clients design team strives to incorporate innovative design features without sacrificing functionality and usability. Every decision is meticulously considered and it is their professionalism and continuous dedication to design detail that has earned them a reputation for excellence.
Key responsibilities of the role;
- Bench marking/ analysis of historical jobs
- Producing tender packs for various packages (enquiry letters, scope of works, pricing schedules, specifications and employer requirements etc.
- Assisting with tender negotiation
- Assisting quantity surveyor in producing subcontractor orders/ contract preparation
- Liaise with team (head office based: surveyor, project manager, design coordinator, materials buyer etc.) on a daily basis re programme, buildability, design, material ordering
- Assist with subcontractor pre-start meetings and on-site progress meetings
- Cost reporting and monitoring
Day-to-day activities will include;
- As a Junior Construction Manager, you will work in a commercial team responsible for the procurement of materials and subcontract packages
- Managing direct labour, allocating labour to correct package
- Forming and maintaining relationships with suppliers/subcontractors
- To help us build and grow a close-knit, hardworking team that respects decisions based on well researched information
- Contracting a range of suppliers and sub-contractors to obtain quotations and agree delivery times
- Keep detailed records and maintain a well organised work schedule
- Assess the reliability of sub-contractors and suppliers through the company supplier evaluation process
- Deal effectively with challenges with suppliers and the flow of materials
- Ensure compliance with the safety, health and environment requirements of materials and services
- Produce advice to the team on the predicted cost of individual items
- Liaising closely with senior management at the tendering stage to ensure that an accurate project cost is provided
The ideal candidate’s personality and qualifications;
- You are ambitious and want to be the best in your field
- An aptitude for figures and the ability to manage a budget
- Analytical mind set
- Good understanding of technology and IT
- Able to build good relationships with all kinds of people
- Well organised, self-reliant and motivated
- Six months to a year minimum relevant experience
- You will ideally have a good knowledge of Developer or Contractor background with a track record of successful negotiating
- You do not have a 9-5 mentality, working hours are 8:00 – 17:30
What are the perks of working at this company?
- High exposure to all facets of development, with the chance to learn from executive level partners in a warm supportive environment
- The opportunity, as the company grows to carve out a tailored established career.
- A young and agile group of entrepreneurial people, without a whiff of blame culture.
- A lively social calendar
- Great location, just off Bond Street
- Competitive salary