AWS / Azure / DevOps / Senior Support Engineer - IT_FPSG
FPSG are pleased to offer an exciting opportunity for a Cloud (AWS / Azure) skilled DevOps / Senior Support Engineer to join our Edinburgh based Client at a period of growth. The role is permanent and can offer an immediate start, or alternatively we can wait until you have served your current notice period. Your current or most recent experience will typically be in a similar role, focussing on either CloudDevOps, or looking to move more into formalising your CloudDevOps experience from a Senior Support Technician level of responsibility.
FPSG's Client are rightly very excited about the IT improvements they have planned for their business in Edinburgh and their other locations, so for the technically minded, this is a great time to not only progress your career, but to become actively involved in the Systems Development, Systems Application & Support, whilst also learning about the business through interaction via 1st Line duties (when required to cover), all the way to your expertise being required at 3rd Line.
In terms of interaction in this varied DevOps / Senior Support Engineer role, you will encounter constantly varied contacts, with a nice blend of Technical and non-Technical colleagues and indeed external partners too. Being comfortable in communicating effectively with Senior Managers who aren't overly Technical and working with DBA's, Developers & Testers who are Technicalexperts in their respective specialisms will be another constant opportunity to shine in this role. We are not looking for you to know everything, but we'd love it if you are open to continually learning and sharing new ideas. If you have AWS certification or any other accreditations, let us know. It is vital to highlight the Cloud experience you have ie AWS / Azure.
Your experience so far may well have involved progressing through some Technical Support and Design roles, where 3rd Level Support was effectively carried out by yourself.
A combination of some of the following would be other areas that would interest FPSG's Client:
- AWScertification or desire to obtain (please flag if you have AWScertification already or are pursuing)
- Cloud (i.e. Azure / AWS) experience
- Proven experience of working with a CI tool set
- In-depth hardware and software platforms knowledge from providing Technical Support
- Demonstrable experience in administration of IIS with .NET application connectivity
- Proven experience in administration of Web Server connectivity to either MS SQL or Oracle Databases
- Experience in administration of Apache with Tomcat and Java application connectivity
- VMWare administration skills
- Perl Scripting | Python Scripting | Shell Scripting
- Administration skills with Windows AND Linux Operating Systems
- Confidence in monitoring and tuning Database and Web Servers to ensure high availability
- Flexibility around a need to be on-call when required
- Ability to make Technical chat sound non-Technical to relevant people
- Passion to be working in a key DevOps role as your next career move
In return for being the successful candidate, you will be very well rewarded with a fantastic starting salary and benefits package, which can be flexible around your needs. Beyond basic salary, the bonuses, rewards and holidays will ensure you are motivated throughout the years!
If you can tick off a number of the above and want to learn more, then please submit your CV (Word format preferred) immediately. Someone's DevOps career is about to take off into the Edinburgh Cloud, and if you are quick, it could be yours!
FPSG is committed to equal opportunities regardless of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief and age.
For further jobs in IT, please visit the FPSG website and follow @MTFPSG and @FPSGRecruitment on Twitter, looking out for #IT_FPSG on our IT posts.