Business Development Executive
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT EXECUTIVE
£27000 OTE £5000
The Business Development Executive will be required to grow revenue across the entire portfolio including event, print and online sales. With an interesting mix of existing account management and new business, the role will demand growth of existing accounts and new business revenue across a number of products.
The BDE will be a self-starter who has the ability to both follow instructions but also work on their own initiative as and when required. They will be a team player that demonstrates a full understanding of their product and can work accurately to incorporate any administrative tasks that may come with the role.
The BDE will ensure that are up to date with their industry knowledge and may be asked to attend events throughout the year across all areas of the company.
The successful candidate will also be required to involve themselves with an exciting and challenging new project!
In order to be successful the candidate will be required to work well under pressure, to have the ability to work to strict deadlines and be confident enough to deliver new ideas and strategies in an ever changing and fluid environment.
Ultimately, the job of the field sales executive is to make and maintain profitable sales across the portfolio. They must be able to effectively define and source leads and be able to work effectively within a team
Maintain and develop existing and new customers through appropriate propositions and ethical sales method to optimise quality of service, business growth and client satisfaction.
- To meet and strive to exceed all targets set by their Project manager
- Source new business and leads
- Selling across multiple disciplines including events, sponsorship, online and print
- Respond to all enquires using appropriate methods
- Appointment making / diary management
- Customer relationship and account management
- Meeting and exceeding set targets
- Ability to liaise / influence internal relationships e.g. Accounts, marketing, logistics
- Record, update, maintain and create reports across all databases where required
- Maintain a sound knowledge of relevant issues within the marketplace, reporting on competitor activities, and clients view and experiences.
- Maintain a weekly pipelines and leads list
- Where required, you will need to attend and present relevant Information at project meetings.
- To work with the project team to share and develop new ideas
- Adhere to all company procedures and maintain a level of professionalism at all times
- Attend all training and to develop relevant knowledge and skills
- Look to assist in the development of a launch product/portfolio from inception to delivery
Skills and Attributes
- Results orientated person
- Focused, driven and determined person
- Ability to communicate at a senior level
- Consultative approach and manner
- Sound understanding of the sales process I technique
- Strong closing and negotiation skills
- Ability to multitask and manage time and resources efficiently
- Good communication skills verbal and written
- Ability to take the initiative when required
- Ability to manage and build both rapport and long term relationships
- Effective team player
- Full UK driving licence
Please note if you have not been contacted by Plum Personnel within seven days then unfortunately on this occasion you have been unsuccessful. Due to the high level of applications we are receiving at this time, we are unfortunately unable to give individual feedbacks. Plum Personnel is acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. Plum Personnel is an equal opportunities employer.