Assistant Accountant (Sport) - South West London
Assistant Accountant Role - Sport (South West London)
£24,000 - £27,000 plus benefits.
An outstanding opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Accountant with 1-3 years relevant accounting / finance experience to join a lively, expanding sports business company in South West London.The role will offer practical finance experience to run simultaneously with the professional accounting exams (ACCA or CIMA).
Reporting into the Financial Controller responsibilities will include:
- Preparing / posting accounting journals
- Managing invoice process/payments
- Maintaining sales and purchase ledger
- Reconciling balances and complete analysis of balance sheet items
- Analysing cost reporting against budget
- Assisting in preparation of the annual statutory accounts
- Bank reconciliations
- Inter-company billings / transfer pricing
- VAT returns
Ideal candidates for the Assistant Accountant role MUST have the following skills and experience:
- A graduate with an Accounting / Finance related degree with 1-3 years relevant finance or accounting experience
- Willing to work towards the CIMA or ACCA formal qualification
- Excellent communicative ability with an outgoing personality
- Previous purchase / sales ledger exposure
- Strong analytical and reconciliation skills
-Knowledge of SAP is advantageous
-An interest in sport
The Assistant Accountant role is an excellent entry point into a ambitious and fun organisation with an excellent opportunity to develop and acquire new skills.