Urology Practice Nurse - Outpatients
About The Facility
The Prostate Centre is a state-of-the-art private clinic dedicated to the diagnosis and management of all prostate problems and urological cancers.
Well established over the past decade as a centre of excellence for men's health, The Prostate Centre now also welcomes female patients as well as men for the diagnosis and treatment of kidney and bladder cancers
The Prostate Centre's world-renowned experts work together as a multi-professional team to ensure that patients receive innovative but evidence-based care that is never biased by a single specialist's view.
Our patients benefit from this unique collaboration and appreciate our holistic approach. Our mission is not only to make you well, but also to help you take control of your own health, beyond treatment and for life.
As the Staff Nurse for the Prostate Centre you will support the clinical director and other clinical staff in providing optimum patient care. This is an excellent opportunity to work as part of a skilled multi-disciplinary team providing a holistic approach to patient care within the Prostate Centre.
Salary between £31,630 and £35,822 plus HCA benefits
Working hours: 37.5 per week, Monday - Friday (9am - 5:30pm or 8:30am - 5pm)
Closing date for applications: 02/08/2017
Please note we will close this role early if suitable number of applications are received
Duties & Responsibilities
- Undertake physical assessments of outpatients to include blood pressure, ECGs, urine dipstick analysis and blood sampling, supervise urine flow tests and carry out bladder scans
- Carefully document medical history and examinations undertaken by meticulously inputting information on each patient into the Prostate Centre's patient database
- Assist the Prostate Centre's specialists when they are carrying out transrectal biopsies, flexible cystoscopies and urodynamics
- Collaborate with the Prostate Centre specialists regarding the patients' ongoing care and treatment plans
- Provide patients and their relatives with advice and support as necessary throughout their treatment
- Ensure the efficient transportation of specimens to dedicated laboratories for analysis, keeping accurate records of the same and monitoring the receipt of results
- Responsibility for the safety and security of clinical and pharmaceutical supplies within the Prostate Centre
- Maintain a safe environment within the clinical areas, take appropriate action to achieve this and perform risk assessments as required
- Accurately log and label all samples which are sent out to laboratories for analysis, making sure all results are reviewed and reported, chasing up delayed results and taking appropriate action on all abnormal results in close liaison with the relevant clinician
- Liaise with other members of the team to ensure that adequate stocks of clinical supplies are held to ensure the smooth operation of the Prostate Centre
- Responsibility for the correct control, storage and administration of drugs and medicines in accordance with the Centre's policies
- Ensure that all clinical waste is collected and stored appropriately and in line with the Prostate Centre's policies and procedures for storage and disposal of clinical waste.
- Ensure all consulting and treatment rooms are appropriately stocked, clean and tidy ready for patient clinics.
- Ensure familiarity with Prostate Centre medical diagnostic equipment, associated maintenance responsibilities and back up of patient information collected from such equipment.
Skills & Experience
- NMC Registered
- Experience of or an interest in the field of Urology
- Excellent phlebotomy skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High level of literacy and numeracy
About The Individual
An exceptional communicator you will be comfortable interacting with patients, their partners and families as well as clinicians and other healthcare professionals. You will have the ability to work well both autonomously and as part of a team.